Chris Harris Jr Trade?

bMiller031

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Elway was lucky to get the restructure done in the offseason to avoid a Harris holdout.  He's not coming back - because Harris also wants to get paid....but also wants to play for a contender.   He's a goner.   He's already said as much, and it's a known fact in the locker room(that's part of the Week 3 post-game issue where Harris said "you only need to put up with this for 13 more weeks" in response to teammates being unhappy with his calling guys out in the locker  room- and to be clear, Harris was calling guys out to play better, so he wasn't saying he was mailing it in, just a fact that everyone knows he's done after this year).

It's just better to accept the Harris situation for what it is, and hope we can swing a 2nd. 

Yeah thats true its just tough to swallow the compensation. I see Ramsey getting dealt for two 1sts + more and we can only get a 2nd for CHJ who is in the same elite level tier? I get that its because of his age/contract situation but man, I feel like a 1st should be in the cards for a playoff team that feels like they are 1 guy away. The Steelers paid a 1st for Fitzpatrick who is not at all on the same level as CHJ.

Just now, thebestever6 said:

He's pretty dang good and only a year into his career. 

I get it, but thats the market for good CBs and CHJ despite being 30 is a better player, thats why I find it hard to get over that we can see other elite CBs traded for multiple 1sts or one 1st but we have to take a a single 3rd for CHJ? Blaaaaaahhh

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah thats true its just tough to swallow the compensation. I see Ramsey getting dealt for two 1sts + more and we can only get a 2nd for CHJ who is in the same elite level tier? I get that its because of his age/contract situation but man, I feel like a 1st should be in the cards for a playoff team that feels like they are 1 guy away. The Steelers paid a 1st for Fitzpatrick who is not at all on the same level as CHJ.

You're paying for 2.5 years of peanuts with Minkah and the franchise tag adds another year of control on top.   You're paying for 8 games of Harris and he can't be tagged.  It's not that hard to see the calculus from the buyer's end.   

FWIW, I do think we'll get the 2nd.   The market is that hot right now, ARI winning and going 3-3-1 with GM Keim on the hot seat really helps us by taking P-Pete off the market.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

You're paying for 3 years of peanuts with Minkah.   You're paying for 8 games of Harris.  It's not that hard to see the calculus from the buyer's end.   

FWIW, I do think we'll get the 2nd.   The market is that hot right now, ARI winning and going 3-3-1 with GM Keim on the hot seat really helps us.

Plus the 3rd round comp pick teams will get if he maintains form.

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

You're paying for 3 years of peanuts with Minkah.   You're paying for 8 games of Harris.  It's not that hard to see the calculus from the buyer's end.   

FWIW, I do think we'll get the 2nd.   The market is that hot right now, ARI winning and going 3-3-1 with GM Keim on the hot seat really helps us.

Why does that help? Because the 49ers will be more desperate to pay up?

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why does that help? Because the 49ers will be more desperate to pay up?

Because it removes P-Pete from the market.   Teams have been told by Keim P-Pete's not for sale - but teams were hoping ARI's fortunes on the field would change his mind.  While it makes total sense for ARI long-term, Keim was one of the GM's firmly on the hot seat, so even finishing .500 is a good goal for him (not necessarily for ARI long-term as a 1st for P-Pete might have been with 1.5 years of control, and a tag year possible, and 2 years younger than Harris).   It leaves Harris as the only elite level CB available.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

I just want CHJ and Manny to play some meaningful football. Really hoping they get moved and can get out of this mess 

I see it I see a wr coming back to this team somehow though. Would a team give up a 4th for Manny and a throw in wr who could use a change of scenery? And unforced development?

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I see it I see a wr coming back to this team somehow though. Would a team give up a 4th for Manny and a throw in wr who could use a change of scenery? And unforced development?

That makes some sense. Our WR position is going to be crazy thin, especially if Tim Patrick struggles to get back 

8 minutes ago, champ11 said:

That makes some sense. Our WR position is going to be crazy thin, especially if Tim Patrick struggles to get back 

Well 1 of the ir spots  is used on Lock so you literally have one left.  I wanna see how Winfree is if Tim Patrick isn't available. I also wanna give Drew the best opportunity to stay engaged and succeed.  

Getting a new weapon in this offense to do that makes too much sense.

The one IR spot left is unlikely to go to Tim Patrick.  I love the guy's heart, but talent-wise, he's JAG.

Winfree, Diontae Spencer, Fred Brown should all get shots to play.  Not that there's any

Honestly, we should just play out the string at WR - because anyone we bring in costs $.   $ we should save for the offseason.   And yes, it's harder on Lock.  Honestly, that's part of the calculus no matter what.  

The offseason FA class has cheap options like Robbie Anderson (although I think NYJ re-signs him), Devante Parker (a big favorite of mine), Philip Dorsett (a vertical threat who also catches 90 percent of targets thrown his way the last 2 years), etc.   The latter 2 I love because they have draft pedigree (so you know they have the tools, even if they haven't lived up to it), and they bring a cost-controlled, Manny Sanders-2014 level of FA cost that we should be ALL over.    There is literally no one we'd acquire that a team would look to throw in as an afterthought that has that kind of appeal.   Even a guy like Rashad Higgins would be a great complement to Sutton (but again....we should hit WR Day 2 to get the long-term answer, and have 3 viable 2020 weapons, and 2 cheap 2021+ guys left).

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The one IR spot left is unlikely to go to Tim Patrick.  I love the guy's heart, but talent-wise, he's JAG.

Winfree, Diontae Spencer, Fred Brown should all get shots to play.  Not that there's any

Honestly, we should just play out the string at WR - because anyone we bring in costs $.   $ we should save for the offseason.   And yes, it's harder on Lock.  Honestly, that's part of the calculus no matter what.  

The offseason FA class has cheap options like Robbie Anderson (although I think NYJ re-signs him), Devante Parker (a big favorite of mine), Philip Dorsett (a vertical threat who also catches 90 percent of targets thrown his way the last 2 years), etc.   The latter 2 I love because they have draft pedigree (so you know they have the tools, even if they haven't lived up to it), and they bring a cost-controlled, Manny Sanders-2014 level of FA cost that we should be ALL over.    There is literally no one we'd acquire that a team would look to throw in as an afterthought that has that kind of appeal.   Even a guy like Rashad Higgins would be a great complement to Sutton (but again....we should hit WR Day 2 to get the long-term answer, and have 3 viable 2020 weapons, and 2 cheap 2021+ guys left).

I love surrounding Lock with as much talent as possible which is ultimately going to make or break him. The only concern I have is not with the WRs but the OL. Like you said there are a bunch of mid level WR2s out there this off-season that can be had for reasonable prices.

From preseason it looks like he has sloppy footwork and holds onto the ball because he's trying read the defense. Sending him out there to get destroyed behind a struggling OL could damage him. I am all for splurging on OT and OG in the draft with the top 3 rounds.

I just really hope the team actually let's him start after the bye week for the second half of the season and not try to hold onto Flacco as being a veteran guy which helps nobody progress. My dear is that Elway will still want to try to win games even if they are 2-8 and not make a QB change mid year

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1