Chris Harris Jr Trade?

bMiller031

At that moment in time the Drew Lock pick will never look as sweet and this fanbase will bask in the glory.  And all these close loses will seem worth it.

How does trading down with a QB hungry team guarantee that Lock was a good pick. Its just as likely, if not more likely, that the team that trades up for a QB ends up with a franchise guy and our 2nd round QB busts. That happens more often than not.

If we are sitting atop the draft and there is an elite QB available (Tua, Burrow, I would argue Hurts but don't want to get into that) then we should draft said QB. That simple.

• Like 1

Because for the first time in a long time some people are draft pick drunk and think you need to tear a team down to the screws to properly rebuild.

Von has 4-5 good years left in him. I'm not sure I would want to trade him for a late 1st round pick and a 3rd who will most likely amount to a Bradley Roby type player and a rotational offensive linemen. Hard pass

I have come to adopt this 100%. Even two 1st rounders are not likely to be half as useful, combined, as Von Miller in his later years.

To me there are two options for next season that would excite me, and neither involve dealing Von.

1) Drafting a franchise QB (Tua, Burrow or Hurts)

2) Signing Teddy Bridgewater

Ideally, I would opt for #2. Finally invest the needed money in a young'ish franchise guy. The longevity of good QB's is tremendous, and next season Teddy is only 27 years old. He could be a franchise guy here for 5-8 years if things work out. Now that a reliable QB has been secured, who isn't a stopgap but doesn't cost draft capital, we can trade down from pick #1-8 and get a haul from a QB hungry team. Use those picks to shore the OL and WR positions, sign the needed ILB to drive this defense (Trevathan) and boom, we are back playing watchable football and at a sustainable rate year over year, granted Teddy is who I think he is.

12 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

How does trading down with a QB hungry team guarantee that Lock was a good pick. Its just as likely, if not more likely, that the team that trades up for a QB ends up with a franchise guy and our 2nd round QB busts. That happens more often than not.

If we are sitting atop the draft and there is an elite QB available (Tua, Burrow, I would argue Hurts but don't want to get into that) then we should draft said QB. That simple.

I personally would rather have Lock two firsts, and two seconds Buffalo trade style.

But if you wanna stay in the top 5 a pick Jalen Hurts to each their own don't think you need to at this time. Only QB that makes me pause a bit is Burrow. And at that point the Haul would have to be greater. 

Locks ceiling is top 10-15 which is what you need to win in this league with a great supporting cast. Burrows ceiling is top 5-10.

If I'm Denver's pr staff I'm photo shopping Andrew Thomas in a gas mask, crossing my fingers, and getting a haulll in a trade down lol. Assuming lock looks capable .

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

That happens more often than not.

Where is this proof at? Derek Carr, Jimmy G, Dak Prescott who should of been our 2016 second rounder had we traded for Kaepernick prove otherwise. 

There's nothing wrong with that model to team building, and it's also how you get discounts on QBs because they see where their money is being used on second and 3rd contracts. 

Edited by thebestever6

56 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

We’ve seen nothing in Lock that says he’s better than any other QB on our roster or that he’s NFL caliber. 

Idk maybe I have low expectations bc Paxton was brutal but besides the Falcons game I was impressed during the preseason. Enough to commit to him for 5 games minimum this season and all of next season. 

Really it's the same kinda deal of Miami committing to Rosen this year. 

Idk maybe I have low expectations bc Paxton was brutal but besides the Falcons game I was impressed during the preseason. Enough to commit to him for 5 games minimum this season and all of next season. 

He looked a bit better than Lynch his first preseason, but not as good as Kelly (Who looked downright dynamic at times preseason 2018) or the all powerful Kyle Sloter in their first preseasons. I thought Dysert even looked comparable, maybe even better, in 2013.

3 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

He looked a bit better than Lynch his first preseason, but not as good as Kelly (Who looked downright dynamic at times preseason 2018) or the all powerful Kyle Sloter in their first preseasons. I thought Dysert even looked comparable, maybe even better, in 2013.

Yeah but as sad as it is to say the depth of the offense, and oline is at a worse state than even the sloter or Kelly led.

This team had no depth and that was a known. Not trying to make excuses. 

8 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

This is important. You need to give casual fans a reason to watch the games. Moving Von will be a huge blow to marketing. Most Broncos fans don't tune in to watch Duke Dawson.

This team sans Von doesn't have a single guy to put on a billboard.

I can think of three that can be lumped together - 

Chris Harris Jr

Phillip Lindsay

Dalton Risner

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jolly red giant said:

I can think of three that can be lumped together - 

Chris Harris Jr

Phillip Lindsay

Dalton Risner

Agreed serious question other than Larry Fitzgerald and a rookie qb who did Arizona have to be excited about this year? 

An injury prone David Johnson? A 6 game suspended Patrick Peterson? Name recognition is a joke fans care about one thing. Results....

47 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Agreed serious question other than Larry Fitzgerald and a rookie qb who did Arizona have to be excited about this year? 

An injury prone David Johnson? A 6 game suspended Patrick Peterson? Name recognition is a joke fans care about one thing. Results....

But their rookie QB was a consensus star.   And they promised and have delivered on an aggressive, up-tempo O.     We have our 20+ game streak of not being able to get to 24 pts on O.   

PR-wise, ARI has about 10x more hope in what they are selling than we have.    Until we get a viable QB (and if Lock barely plays, it's not going to be able to sell that this isn't anything but a big Q mark), and signs that our O can enter the 21st century, it's a much tougher marketing campaign.  And this is coming from someone who sees very clear progress from our OC Scangarelli, and is quite willing to be patient here.

17 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

But their rookie QB was a consensus star.   And they promised and have delivered on an aggressive, up-tempo O.     We have our 20+ game streak of not being able to get to 24 pts on O.   

Our star is this proven system that is having success in San Francisco.

Is this serious or just disdain for the 20+ game slum? 

Was Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees stars coming from college??? How about Jay Cutler???

Matt Leinert was a star howd he turn out? How about Mike Vick? How about Vince Young????

So a 5'9 qb that has star power just gets the benefit of the doubt bc he was picked 41 picks ahead of Lock? 

Edited by thebestever6