Devlin to IR

IheartMyV8

Not worried about losing Develin. Aside from the end of last year into the playoffs, I felt Develin could have been replaced many times by other fullbacks through the years. Hopefully some of the promise in the preseason we saw from Johnson carries over now.

Edited by DoleINGout

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Not worried about losing Develin. Aside from the end of last year into the playoffs, I felt Develin could have been replaced many times by other fullbacks through the years. Hopefully some of the promise in the preseason we saw from Johnson carries over now.

I think you are understating his value. Blocking of his caliber isnt really replaceable, especially at his position considering it barely even exists anymore. This fundamentally changes our run game, and that is a pretty big deal. 

• Like 1

Just now, Deadpulse said:

I think you are understating his value. Blocking of his caliber isnt really replaceable, especially at his position considering it barely even exists anymore. This fundamentally changes our run game, and that is a pretty big deal. 

Last season, with hardly any passing game at the end of the regular season due to no viable targets outside of the oft-injured Edelman, Develin was more than worth his keep. Prior to that period, I don't really think he was all that impactful or consistently utilized. Good blocker, but this season the Patriots have a legitimate arsenal of receiving options that will only expand once Watson/Harry/Meredith/LaCosse recover.

Huge loss, especially with our lack of TE's.  We're already struggling with run blocking so, this is a big problem unless Jakob Johnson steps up in a big way.  Our ground and pound run game has already been rough with the poor blocking and Michel's stats show it.  Going to be a lot of 2 RB sets going forwards with Bolden, Burkhead, and White.  

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Last season, with hardly any passing game at the end of the regular season due to no viable targets outside of the oft-injured Edelman, Develin was more than worth his keep. Prior to that period, I don't really think he was all that impactful or consistently utilized. Good blocker, but this season the Patriots have a legitimate arsenal of receiving options that will only expand once Watson/Harry/Meredith/LaCosse recover.

at the expense of a running game that is virtually non-existent. Good teams wreck one dimensional offenses, and we are becoming that fast. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

at the expense of a running game that is virtually non-existent. Good teams wreck one dimensional offenses, and we are becoming that fast. 

they faced two good fronts in the steelers and jets. they had issues running with develin in there mostly with michel due to his own slow start and maybe the offense being predictable. im not worried one bit about their ability to run. if there is anything to be really worried about it's leaving points on the field in the kicking game.

5 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

they faced two good fronts in the steelers and jets. they had issues running with develin in there mostly with michel due to his own slow start and maybe the offense being predictable. im not worried one bit about their ability to run. if there is anything to be really worried about it's leaving points on the field in the kicking game.

Image result for eye roll gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I think you're all underplaying this and if you saw Bill's answer to the question, it does seem to have affected him (not that he ever looks ecstatic of course).

There's Wynn, Devlin and Harry to come back off IR right?

Only 2 of the 3 can be re-activated, but yes, they are the 3 options.