Malfatron

Winner?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Tie
    • Chicago
    • Redskins

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Why would I be bitter when you said he was proving you wrong just 4 games ago? That's weird.

What does that link have to do with anything?

When Trubisky was playing well, I admitted it, because I call it as I see it. I never backed out of my original stance that I didn’t think he was a good QB. What’s your point? 

Just now, Malfatron said:

wow, that is some beautiful WIFOM

You know, I've been playing mafia here for the better part of a decade now and I still don't understand what WIFOM means in the context of a mafia game. Like, I understand what the term is and all of that stuff, but when someone says "Oh that's a WIFOM move" I'm still lost.

Anyways thanks for coming to my TED Talk!

21 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I still don't understand what WIFOM means in the context of a mafia game. Like, I understand what the term is and all of that stuff, but when someone says "Oh that's a WIFOM move"

*Im sure they’re gonna love this in an NFL Gen thread*

“Did dome claim lynch proof because he’s doesn’t want to be lynched?” This is dome putting poison wine in your glass, hoping you drink it. 

“Or did dome claim lynch proof because he wants to be lynched and is just acting like he doesn’t?” This is dome putting poison wine in his glass, hoping you think the poison is in your glass and take his instead

Edited by Dome

its basically doing a non optimal move on purpose because "why would it benefit you to do that?" , or tricking your opponent that youre going to do a nonoptimal move, but do an optimal one instead. 

from urban dictionary:

the bolded is key here.

In gaming, it's any kind of game or subgame, especially a psychological one, in which a player is given a set of apparently equal choices where one or more is completely wrong. In such games one often may try to use what he knows of his opponent to make a better choice, but this often leads to recursive reasoning, as anything that one player could think of is something another player could think of, in the form of "But that's just what he wants me to think, so I'll do the opposite…but maybe that's what he want's me to think…so I'll not do the opposite…but maybe that's what he want's me to think…etc, etc.". Such games are basically random, and therefore should be carefully considered before they are engaged in.

12 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

its basically doing a non optimal move on purpose because "why would it benefit you to do that?" , or tricking your opponent that youre going to do a nonoptimal move, but do an optimal one instead. 

from urban dictionary:

the bolded is key here.

In gaming, it's any kind of game or subgame, especially a psychological one, in which a player is given a set of apparently equal choices where one or more is completely wrong. In such games one often may try to use what he knows of his opponent to make a better choice, but this often leads to recursive reasoning, as anything that one player could think of is something another player could think of, in the form of "But that's just what he wants me to think, so I'll do the opposite…but maybe that's what he want's me to think…so I'll not do the opposite…but maybe that's what he want's me to think…etc, etc.". Such games are basically random, and therefore should be carefully considered before they are engaged in.

So pretty much the poison goblet scene from The Princess Bride.

Never get involved with a land war in Asia.