GDT - Week 4 @Buffalo - Battle of the Undefeateds

Deadpulse

20 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yeah those are some BS... Edmunds is one of our best defender this year. Dudes a beast. Can cover extremely well and has gotten in way of some passes. And of course he is all over the field due to his athletism.

If anyone has struggled in expectedly it is Tredavious White in the first two games. Luckily Tre bounced back with 2 INTs in the last game.

Im well familiar with Edmunds’s impact and profile. But against the Bengals at least, he left plays on the field which is why I think the Patriots will test him.

9 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

"perhaps this is just a one-game anomaly after Edmunds posted nine and seven tackles in Weeks 1 and 2, respectively".

You're grasping at straws lol one low stat game doesn't mean he's struggled. He was great in week 1 and 2. 

Isnt it grasping at straws to say Edmunds’s best two games came against the Jets in week one with a new head coach, defensive coordinator, running back, and receivers? Then followed it up against the Giants with Eli Manning and their leading receivers being Bennie Fowler and TJ Jones.

in his most recent game, against relatively decent offensive game planning and execution, Edmunds was tested and struggled. His most recent showing was poor. And because of that, I would expect Belichick to exploit it as much as possible.

Edited by DoleINGout
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Isnt it grasping at straws to say Edmunds’s best two games came against the Jets in week one with a new head coach, defensive coordinator, running back, and receivers? Then followed it up against the Giants with Eli Manning and their leading receivers being Bennie Fowler and TJ Jones.

in his most recent game, against relatively decent offensive game planning and execution, Edmunds was tested and struggled. His most recent showing was poor. And because of that, I would expect Belichick to exploit it as much as possible.

Discredit week 1 by saying its a new regime and then discredit week 2 by saying they have no WR's.. LOL spin it however you want, if his game plan is to try to exploit Tremaine Edmunds i'd be shocked. He's smarter than that. 

I didn't know this but Tom Brady has more INTs than TD passes vs Sean McDermott since he was hired as the Bills HC; typically the Pats have destroyed us on the ground and i see that being their game plan against with us having (3) potential probowlers in the secondary and a solid CB2. Tremaine Edmunds is also typically great in coverage as he's a giant, fast athlete. 

Weaknesses the Pats can exploit the Bills imo:

• DT Star Lotuleiei - Harrison Phillips (injured) has been a lot better than Star in holding up OL at the line. I think BB will try to exploit him and then a rookie in Ed Oliver. Oliver has been very solid but how will he hold up against a Belichick game plan?
  • Josh Gordon vs Levi Wallace - Wallace has been a nice surprise CB2 for the Bills but he sometimes struggles against big, physical WR's. Ala Kenny Golladay last year. How will he end up vs Gordon? 
  • Josh Allen vs BB & #1 D - Allen has shown tremendous growth from where he came last year but this will be a huge test. He's put together (5) drives of over 70+ yards but then will have one dumb mistake. He needs to play almost a perfect game in order to have a chance in this game. Interested to see how he mentally holds up against a top D and a top HC in Belichick. 

The (2) main advantages i see Buffalo having is our DL vs the Pats banged up OL, and then our secondary vs a banged up WR core. The Bills secondary has been #1 since the start of 2018 and have limited teams to below 200 yards passing while forcing a lot of turnovers. 

As a Bills fan it's exciting to even have a meaningful home game in week 4 lol. I think it'll be a good measuring stick and see where this team is at. I'll go Pats 24, Bills 16 and hoping for no injuries.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

The (2) main advantages i see Buffalo having is our DL vs the Pats banged up OL

this seems to contradict your first bullet point about star and the rook. i disagree with the buffalo advantage here, especially with harrison out.

58 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

and then our secondary vs a banged up WR core

huge advantage bills overall. but the pats can still make plays with brady locked in.

59 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Josh Allen vs BB & #1 D - Allen has shown tremendous growth from where he came last year but this will be a huge test. He's put together (5) drives of over 70+ yards but then will have one dumb mistake. He needs to play almost a perfect game in order to have a chance in this game. Interested to see how he mentally holds up against a top D and a top HC in Belichick. 

this is what the game comes down to. advantage bill belichick.

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

typically the Pats have destroyed us on the ground and i see that being their game plan against with us

agreed.

28 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

this seems to contradict your first bullet point about star and the rook. i disagree with the buffalo advantage here, especially with harrison out.

huge advantage bills overall. but the pats can still make plays with brady locked in.

this is what the game comes down to. advantage bill belichick.

agreed.

Yeah i meant pass rush, my bad, not DL vs OL but the pass rush there. Oliver, Hughes, Murphy, Lawson and Phillips all can get after the QB. 

Only way the Bills win is if they hold Brady to under 21 and their D causes a few turnovers that create good field position. Not likely but thats the plan im thinking. 

Stats for the Patriots defense last 9 games:

Points given up: 97 (11 per game)
yards given up: 2396 (266 per game)
turnovers created: 17 (+7 differential)
passing TD/INT: 9/9
sacks: 29

I don't know exactly what it is but BB found the perfect formula for this defense after the Miami miracle to build a downright dominant unit without 5 future HOFers. 

This unit got even better with the additions of pass rushers Collins, Winovich the return of a very good coverage LB Bentley.

At this point I think they will allow less than 15 per game at the end of the year. A formula has been found and they roll with it all season long.