Marcus Mariota FACTS

Oregon Ducks

Got this from another forum.

-He's 16th ALL-TIME in NFL Quarterback rating. Some guy named Joe Montana is 15. (Not saying Mariota is Joe Montana, but, saying he's got at least solid #'s). It's higher than Andrew Luck's. Guys like Cam Newton and Joe Flacco aren't even close.
-He has 9 career 4th quarter comeback wins
-He's played for 5 different play callers in his career, most of whom are garbage and haven't used his skill set at all
-He's also run for over 1000 yards and 11 TD's, despite not having a OC that utilizes his legs at all.
The Titans OL has given up more QB hits than any the last 2 seasons, including NINE sacks last night. Marcus threw for 300+ in a freakin' monsoon despite this, and all it is is, Mariota sucks in the national media.

Definitely sounds like a guy you want leading your team. 

Edited by Oregon Ducks

1 minute ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Mods, can you please reprimand the trolls that are not adding anything to this discussion?

This is a thread about Mariota facts.....

Whoever came up with those facts mention that 81 of his 304 yards came on the final drive when the game was already out of reach? He did a good job padding his stats. Congrats. 

• Like 6

I mean that passer rating stat is just insanely misleading and the fact that this guy had to lead off with it tells you a lot.

Since entering the league, he is only 23rd in passer rating out of the 43 QBs who threw at least 500 passes. It gets easier to pass pretty much every year.

I don't hate Mariota or think he is a lost cause, but come on man.

• Like 8

I think there’s a fair point here about not utilizing his legs more. Might look better in an offense like what the Ravens employ are what the 49ers ran under Jim Harbaugh. Another struggling team (like Denver) might do well to hire Jim and sign Mariota and see if that style of offense with a Tyrod type backup QB couldn’t get you back into playoff contention.

Mariota hasn't been put in the best positions his career, but he hasn't exactly shown you anything to think he'll be a top tier QB. Maybe he can turn it around and become Alex Smith, but at this point you usually have an idea of a QBs at this point. I can't think of a QB that started 50+ games and then radically turned it around.

• Like 1