Marcus Mariota FACTS

Oregon Ducks

I feel like he is falling into the Bradford curse. Had the potential to be good, but has been on some really bad teams and the lack of stability in coaching has lead to poor development.

I don't think it's over for the guy but it's not looking good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think there’s a fair point here about not utilizing his legs more. Might look better in an offense like what the Ravens employ are what the 49ers ran under Jim Harbaugh. Another struggling team (like Denver) might do well to hire Jim and sign Mariota and see if that style of offense with a Tyrod type backup QB couldn’t get you back into playoff contention.

No thanks to Mariota the line isn't there for the Broncos. Don't need another purgatory type qb to try to salvage to shoot for a wild card berth. Roster isn't there yet.

Now, if Corey Davis wants a change of scenery I'd listen.

8 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think there’s a fair point here about not utilizing his legs more. Might look better in an offense like what the Ravens employ are what the 49ers ran under Jim Harbaugh. Another struggling team (like Denver) might do well to hire Jim and sign Mariota and see if that style of offense with a Tyrod type backup QB couldn’t get you back into playoff contention.

Chicago to backup/compete with Trubisky is my guess. They have his old Oregon HC as their current OC.

I truly believe we ruined him by never building an offense around his strengths his first few years, and now he looks broken. I just wonder if a change of scenery will bring the best out of him or if he's broken beyond repair at this point.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I feel like he is falling into the Bradford curse. Had the potential to be good, but has been on some really bad teams and the lack of stability in coaching has lead to poor development.

I don't think it's over for the guy but it's not looking good.

You mean to tell me wasting his rookie and season season 'developing' under Mike Mularkey was a bad decision?

Shockedpikachu.jpg

17 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

No thanks to Mariota the line isn't there for the Broncos. Don't need another purgatory type qb to try to salvage to shoot for a wild card berth. Roster isn't there yet.

Now, if Corey Davis wants a change of scenery I'd listen.

Yeah, Davis is one of the worst #1 receiver fantasy options in the league.  Never seen someone struggle to reach double digits so much, and I'm not so sure it's his own fault

• Like 1

I wonder why this guy might like Mariota?

>Looks at username.

Ah that explains the undying bias. (By the way this same poster thinks Chip Kelly is the sole reason the Eagles won the Super Bowl)

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1