Marcus Mariota FACTS

Oregon Ducks

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I understand it though. I grew up with Connor Halliday, played baseball with him from the time I was like 7 all the way through high school. Played football with him in High School, too. When he was the starting QB at WSU I was a huge Halliday fan. When he made it to the NFL for the Redskins I followed everything about it and started following the Redskins. I understand the hype that Oregon fans feel with Mariota - dude was a GOD at Oregon (still is) and those fans want him to succeed in the NFL because they feel like he represents them. I felt the same thing with Halliday. He was representing my home town, my high school, all of us kids who grew up with him and watched him go from baseball phenom to football god.

So, when he hasn't succeeded, they are doing everything possible to believe it's everyone else's fault that he's not succeeding. Fact is, when you watch the guy play, it's all on tape just how bad he looks. He's running into sacks. He's staring down targets. His footwork is abysmal. His accuracy is terrible. He's just not a good QB in any facet right now. I do believe a change of scenery could do him some real good, because whatever is happening in Tennessee right now just isn't working for anyone.

i mean, i was there for awhile, but at this point the things you mentioned are plain to see, and what's more, a lot of this is stuff he used to be good (or at least ok) at. he's always had a tendency to hang onto the ball too long, but he would show flashes of impressive pocket movement. now he's constantly running into sacks. he used to have impressive mid-range and short accuracy, and now he's missing all over the place. whatever the reason- coaching changes, repeated injuries, whatever- he's visibly regressed by a lot and is no longer a viable option.

• Like 1

At this point, I would be floored if he managed even an Alex Smith esque career. He seems destined to be a high caliber backup. Really good character and the type of guy that, once he leaves TEN and flames out wherever he is given his 2nd chance, will accept and embrace being a mentor and elite level clipboard holder.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I can agree with this. You know, Steve Young was a disaster with the Buccaneers, and the Bucs shipped Young off to San Francisco, where he played caddie to Joe Montana for a few years before carving out his own HoF career. 

I think teams like the Saints (pending Drew Brees sticking around for a year) or the Chargers would be a nice destination for Mariota. I'd hate to think of it, but Mariota playing second fiddle to Tom Brady? That would probably work out well enough to where the Patriots would continue their dominion over the rest of us.

Only Daniel Jones could save us, then.

Young was a disaster, because the Buccaneers were a disaster. He had no chance. The Titans aren't that inept. Mariota might benefit with a better coach certainly. Don't think he'll ever be great though.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I understand it though. I grew up with Connor Halliday, played baseball with him from the time I was like 7 all the way through high school. Played football with him in High School, too. When he was the starting QB at WSU I was a huge Halliday fan. When he made it to the NFL for the Redskins I followed everything about it and started following the Redskins. I understand the hype that Oregon fans feel with Mariota - dude was a GOD at Oregon (still is) and those fans want him to succeed in the NFL because they feel like he represents them. I felt the same thing with Halliday. He was representing my home town, my high school, all of us kids who grew up with him and watched him go from baseball phenom to football god.

So, when he hasn't succeeded, they are doing everything possible to believe it's everyone else's fault that he's not succeeding. Fact is, when you watch the guy play, it's all on tape just how bad he looks. He's running into sacks. He's staring down targets. His footwork is abysmal. His accuracy is terrible. He's just not a good QB in any facet right now. I do believe a change of scenery could do him some real good, because whatever is happening in Tennessee right now just isn't working for anyone.

Lesson: don't watch college football. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Lesson: don't watch college football. 

For the most part I actually don't if it's not UW or WSU or some extremely good matchup. 9/10 college games are massive blowouts, and even if they're not there's a good chance that it's two extremely bad defenses anchored by even worse college kickers duking it out to see who can leave the most points on the board.

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Whoa. Forgot about this guy. He’s the one that never showed up I think. 

• Like 1