Who Should We Draft?

Ragnarok

What are the needs for your favorite team and who would you like them to take?

GB

- Troy Dye, LB - We could use a top tier elite LB to play next to Martinez, and Dye would be perfect.  

- Anfernee Jennings, LB - Like Dye, he would be a big time upgrade at ILB.

- Trey Smith, OL - As a Vols fan, I would love this.  Trey is a stud would could play OG with Elgton and then take over for Bulaga next year.  

- Albert O - Sternberger could become something solid, but Okwuegbunam is disgustingly athletic and could be special.  

I would be absolutely thrilled to get any of the first three as of right now.  

Ravens.

Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama  - Jimmy Smith is injury prone and expensive, Carr is in his mid 30's and Humphrey while a stud isn't a top 15 NFL CB yet. 

Troy Dye, LB, Oregon  - We need a replacement for Mosley because our ILBS are blegh

Terrell Lewis, DE/OLB, Alabama - Another bama played to replace Terrell Sugg/help our medicore pass rush which doesn't have any star talent yet. 

• Like 1

Packers

Not necessarily going to address need with who I want for the Packers. I'll go with 5 guys like you did.

Jonathan Taylor | RB | Wisconsin
- MLF wants to emphasize the running game and what better way to do it than with the best RB in the class? Elite vision, elite top end speed, 3 down back capability and work horse durability. Kid wants to be great and is already a borderline icon in Wisconsin sports. He'd relegate Aaron Jones to RB2 duties and would give the Packers one of the most explosive RB duos in the NFL.

Jalen Reagor | WR | Texas Christian
- We have our outside guys in Davante and MVS, now we get the underneath burner. Reagor is lightning fast. He's not the best route runner but, you get him the ball in space and let him do his work. He's exactly the type of athlete the Packers WR corps needs.

Prince Tega Wanogho | OT | Auburn
- Still very raw but the upside is tremendous. I don't want to pidgeonhole ourselves into taking Bulaga's eventual replacement in the 1st so I'd love to target Wanogho on day 2. Would fully understand if we took Tristan Wirfs or Calvin Throckmorton in the 1st though.

Evan Weaver | ILB | California
- Since this team is never going to invest a premium pick into ILB, I'm fine with targeting someone like Weaver on day 3. He's never going to wow you with athleticism but the kid just knows how to play the game of football. I know we've put an emphasis on RAS scores in recent drafts so I wouldn't be shocked if he's not on our draft board. If that's the case, Krys Barnes is my next target.

Joe Burrow | QB | Louisiana State
- At some point we're going to need to draft our QBotf. I like the depth of this class and, from that depth, my favorite QB prospect so far has been Burrow. The kid doesn't panic under pressure, makes legitimate NFL throws and has that swagger you want from your QB. My other option would be Jordan Love from Utah State. Those are the two I'd target if we're set on drafting a QB in this draft. If we wait until day 3/UDFA, I like Collin Hill of Colorado State but the kid just went down with his 3rd torn ACL so he may be completely off the board.

• Like 1

Baltimore Ravens

+ C/OG: 

Our interior OL is a big weakness in pass protection, center and LG have been manned by average to sometimes below average talents and an upgrade is needed. What’s more Marshal Yanda is nearing retirement and finding a replacement inside will be crucial.

- Cesar Ruiz: A stud on the inside, IMO he’s the best center in this class and compares very favorably to Travis Frederick with how stout and strong he is. He’s got All Pro potential at the position.

- Tyler Biadasz: Second best center in this class but it’s no slight to him as he compares favorably to Alex Mack with a little less athleticism. He’s going to be a pro bowl center at the next level for sure.

+ Edge Rusher/IPR:

We haven’t been able to find suitable options to be dynamic rushers upfield. It doesn’t matter where the pressure comes from, we sorely need to be able to generate pressure. To this point we’ve had to scheme a lot of pressure and put more stress on our secondary to perform. I’m not completely familiar with all the rushers of this class, but some names I’ve come away impressed with are:

- Curtis Weaver: Really impressed by his size, strength, length, and burst. He looks like a quality option against the run and pass. He has some size so he could likely play some inside and outside with experience. He’s a young player that continues to progress, think he’ll be worth a first when it’s all said and done. But would love it if he fell to our 2nd.

- K’Lavon Chaisson (sp): Injuries are a definite concern at this point but he’s highly explosive and gets upfield. Not sure he would be the best system fit but if he falls a little due to size and durability, he could be a good gamble.

- Kenny Willekes: Another player with 1st round potential. Think he plays tough, physical, has great instincts, great technique. Would be a great fit and could work some inside and outside rush.

WR:

This won’t be a huge need but more of a luxury. If a prominent speedy/quick WR threat falls to the Ravens, one that has excellent hands, Lamar could use another WR option that can separate and make great catches with their hands.

Henry Ruggs III- the Ravens seemingly have designs to build a track team around Lamar. Ruggs is one of the fastest players in CFB, pairing him with Hollywood Brown should prevent the double teams and get each outside receiver some help deep... or they will open up space for Mark Andrews underneath. Either would be effective in taking our offense and it’s danger factor to the next level.

• Like 1

As of right now, the Titans look like they may be moving on from Mariota, so a QB is likely the first pick.  They'll also be picking too low for Herbert or Tua, so Fromm seems like a likely candidate.  I like Fromm, for what it's worth.  I'll happily take a QB with average arm strength if he has good intangibles, can progress through reads quickly, throws accurately, and doesn't hold onto the ball forever and take big sacks.

Other than that, the interior OL still needs help, though we're probably stuck with Saffold for a while.  We may also need RT help.  For either spot in the middle rounds, I like Ben Bredeson out of Michigan an awful lot.  Probably a better fit as a guard.

Running back would be another piece that they'll need, and I'd expect a high pick.  Najee Harris would be an obvious choice to succeed Derrick Henry, as they're both big backs with some speed, and he's likely to be available in the mid to late second round.

They'll also need help at TE, DL, and Edge sooner rather than later.  I haven't watched enough prospects to have middle round favorites there yet.

• Like 1

For the Saints:

QB - Brees is going to be done soon, like at latest next year.  This draft has quite a few quality QB prospects from Tua/Herbert/Fromm that could all be gone by the time the Saints get a chance to pick to guys like Eason, Love, Burrow, and Hurst who could all be available for the Saints to decide who should follow Brees.

WR - They've tried to bring in a WR 2 years ago to pair with Thomas who hasn't really caught on and they really need another receiving weapon outside of Thomas and Kamara.

TE - They brought in Jared Cook who has been shaky at best, even then he's not the player he once was.  Another need since the rest of the TEs might be able to block but their stone hands make them less of a threat in the passing game than me.

• Like 1

Eagles

1. EDGE - We have a lot of guys that have shown good before or have potential, but no one is really executing, maybe if we got rid of Jim Schwartz and his ridiculous defensive scheme they'd be able to shine, but right now we're not getting any pressure.

2. Corner - We have a lot of young guys who have had their moments, but no one who's a consistent reliable starting corner.

3. LB/S - Both kind of distant from the first two IMO. S is more because of the age of our safeties Jenkins/McLeod

Also, players that are capable of staying healthy is a nice bonus.

• Like 1

Dallas

1. DL - Robert Quinn, Maliek Collins, and quite a few other guys are set to be free agents after the season. We still have Gregory under contract, but until the league decides that marijuana is less harmful than the prescription opioids they give to their players...well. Getting a good edge rusher to pair opposite D-Law or a beast in the middle of the DL would be huge.

2. Secondary - Similar to the DL, quite a few guys are pending free agents. I think we get Byron Jones re-signed, so that helps...but man, it would be great to have a ball-hawking FS.

3. TE - This is likely Gold Jacket Witt's last year. Jarwin has shown some potential, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant saying he is the future at the position. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

- Kenny Willekes: Another player with 1st round potential. Think he plays tough, physical, has great instincts, great technique. Would be a great fit and could work some inside and outside rush.

- No, not in the same class as Chase Young, AJ Epenesa, Yetur Gross-Matos or even a Curtis Weaver

- Realistically, those are traits you can find in an UDFA

• Like 2

The best OT available where we pick is an easy answer or Jeudy would be nice for Darnold.

I prefer OL though and Thomas/Little seem like the cream of the crop at LT.  My guess is we'll be in range for one of them.  

Round 2 I'm looking at OL again.  Kindley or Kraemer at OG.  Two road graders like that would be a great addition to our OL.  

Round 3 would probably be C or OG again.  Haven't scouted that far ahead but maybe Hansen at C from Oregon (assuming Biadasz will be gone by the 2nd).

Sensing a trend yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

- No, not in the same class as Chase Young, AJ Epenesa, Yetur Gross-Matos or even a Curtis Weaver

- Realistically, those are traits you can find in an UDFA

I appreciate pointing out some of these guys, if there are other pass rushers you like feel free to point them my way. I’ve previously looked over some of the “potential round 1 options” though so if you’ve got some “interesting” mid round options to take a look at that would be awesome:

Yetur Gross-Mayos: I’ve looked over most of these options and have come away unimpressed with YGM. He’s long and has some explosiveness, kind of reminds me of Chandler Jones... only I find him soft and without much technique. Iowa devoured him against the run whether it was single blocks or double teams. Perhaps he has some level of potential, but he’s not going to be a personality fit for the Ravens defense. We rarely like to rotate our edge threats and if we do it’s because they’re solid against the pass and run. YGM is too far behind against the run that even if he has some pass rush potential he would never see the field. I honestly wouldn’t grade him a 1st round prospect, I see more of a late 2nd/early 3rd round player.

AJ Epenesa: Reminds me of Justin Smith/Aaron Smith. Would be the perfect fit to plug in to create pass rush while being a great run stuffer. Only problem is he will go top 10, so listing him wouldn’t say much. The only way he falls to where the Ravens would pick is via injury.

Chase Young: Same as above. Top 5-10 player in the draft. No shot the Ravens will be in range to take him. Don’t have a good comp for him yet.

Kenny Willekes: Different of opinion, I really like him. Doesn’t have elite speed but is a great technician. Reminds me of Terrell Suggs. Has the requisite speed and explosiveness to get to the QB. Can clog things up against the run. Is a leader on the defensive front. Very dependable option. As it stands I see a early to mid 2nd round talent that if he makes just a few more strides could have round 1 potential.

Curtis Weaver: Probably one of my favorite prospects. Should be available for the Ravens unless he spikes up boards (which is very possible). I really like his game. So this name I also agree with.