Who Should We Draft?

Ragnarok

18 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I appreciate pointing out some of these guys, if there are other pass rushers you like feel free to point them my way. I’ve previously looked over some of the “potential round 1 options” though so if you’ve got some “interesting” mid round options to take a look at that would be awesome:

Yetur Gross-Mayos: I’ve looked over most of these options and have come away unimpressed with YGM. He’s long and has some explosiveness, kind of reminds me of Chandler Jones... only I find him soft and without much technique. Iowa devoured him against the run whether it was single blocks or double teams. Perhaps he has some level of potential, but he’s not going to be a personality fit for the Ravens defense. We rarely like to rotate our edge threats and if we do it’s because they’re solid against the pass and run. YGM is too far behind against the run that even if he has some pass rush potential he would never see the field. I honestly wouldn’t grade him a 1st round prospect, I see more of a late 2nd/early 3rd round player.

AJ Epenesa: Reminds me of Justin Smith/Aaron Smith. Would be the perfect fit to plug in to create pass rush while being a great run stuffer. Only problem is he will go top 10, so listing him wouldn’t say much. The only way he falls to where the Ravens would pick is via injury.

Chase Young: Same as above. Top 5-10 player in the draft. No shot the Ravens will be in range to take him. Don’t have a good comp for him yet.

Kenny Willekes: Different of opinion, I really like him. Doesn’t have elite speed but is a great technician. Reminds me of Terrell Suggs. Has the requisite speed and explosiveness to get to the QB. Can clog things up against the run. Is a leader on the defensive front. Very dependable option. As it stands I see a early to mid 2nd round talent that if he makes just a few more strides could have round 1 potential.

Curtis Weaver: Probably one of my favorite prospects. Should be available for the Ravens unless he spikes up boards (which is very possible). I really like his game. So this name I also agree with.

First of all, I love the write up:

-As far as your take on Gross-Matos, I kinda think Brian Burns on this one. I was not as high on him because of his size and not being great against the run but he bulked up and looks really good. If Burns can be a first round pick, so can he, plus if he has close to the workout numbers that PSU says he will have, it'll be hard to keep him out of the first

- I been an Epenesa fan, he's special, I just need him to take his game to another level, he looks to have that Michael Strahan, Jared Allen type of power rusher who can set the edge as well

- I can see the Myles Garrett comp for Young because of the athleticism and uncanny bend

- The Suggs comp for Willekes I disagree because he doesn't have that same thickness in the lower body or build period, I know he is listed at 260 but he looks rather lean, I wouldn't be surprised if he is a shade over 250 IMO

- To quite honest, Weaver actually reminds me of Bradley Chubb/Suggs a little it, he uses his hands really well in all aspects of the game, but he seems to play at one speed, don't see a lot of burst or explosion in his game

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

- To quite honest, Weaver actually reminds me of Bradley Chubb/Suggs a little it, he uses his hands really well in all aspects of the game, but he seems to play at one speed, don't see a lot of burst or explosion in his game

I can see the Chubb comparison. I don’t think he’s as explosive as Chubb, but I’m also basing this off of Weavers sophomore tape. If he were to stick around until his senior season, I’m sure he would look like Chubb.

Weaver is a definite player. While I would hope he would fall to the Ravens in the second round based off his current “stock” by the time the draft rolls around, I wouldn’t be “shocked” if Weaver goes within the top 10. He’d have to have some great workout numbers and he’d have to crush it this year with his production, but if I had to predict a “surprise” top 10 riser he would be my pick. More realistically I think he goes in that pick 20-25 range when it’s all said and done.

edit: But yeah at this point I’m trying to expand onto mid round guys that I like. So far I’m just ruling out/finding guys I don’t find special or like. Not sure if it’s just me but this draft class doesn’t seem as good as the last few. I like the RB class and I like some of the interior OL, but I’m not too big a fan of much else to this point.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

QB is a need now for the Colts given Luck's retirement. Jacoby is a great place holder but not the long term answer for the team at QB. Doubt the team is in a position to draft Tua or Herbert but a good 2nd or 3rd tier QB in the 2020 draft should be there when the Colts pick. 

On 9/25/2019 at 11:49 AM, tom cody said:

QB is a need now for the Colts given Luck's retirement. Jacoby is a great place holder but not the long term answer for the team at QB. Doubt the team is in a position to draft Tua or Herbert but a good 2nd or 3rd tier QB in the 2020 draft should be there when the Colts pick. 

You don't think there's any way Ballard trades up? 

On 9/24/2019 at 12:05 AM, beekay414 said:

Packers

Not necessarily going to address need with who I want for the Packers. I'll go with 5 guys like you did.

Jonathan Taylor | RB | Wisconsin
- MLF wants to emphasize the running game and what better way to do it than with the best RB in the class? Elite vision, elite top end speed, 3 down back capability and work horse durability. Kid wants to be great and is already a borderline icon in Wisconsin sports. He'd relegate Aaron Jones to RB2 duties and would give the Packers one of the most explosive RB duos in the NFL.

Jalen Reagor | WR | Texas Christian
- We have our outside guys in Davante and MVS, now we get the underneath burner. Reagor is lightning fast. He's not the best route runner but, you get him the ball in space and let him do his work. He's exactly the type of athlete the Packers WR corps needs.

Prince Tega Wanogho | OT | Auburn
- Still very raw but the upside is tremendous. I don't want to pidgeonhole ourselves into taking Bulaga's eventual replacement in the 1st so I'd love to target Wanogho on day 2. Would fully understand if we took Tristan Wirfs or Calvin Throckmorton in the 1st though.

Evan Weaver | ILB | California
- Since this team is never going to invest a premium pick into ILB, I'm fine with targeting someone like Weaver on day 3. He's never going to wow you with athleticism but the kid just knows how to play the game of football. I know we've put an emphasis on RAS scores in recent drafts so I wouldn't be shocked if he's not on our draft board. If that's the case, Krys Barnes is my next target.

Joe Burrow | QB | Louisiana State
- At some point we're going to need to draft our QBotf. I like the depth of this class and, from that depth, my favorite QB prospect so far has been Burrow. The kid doesn't panic under pressure, makes legitimate NFL throws and has that swagger you want from your QB. My other option would be Jordan Love from Utah State. Those are the two I'd target if we're set on drafting a QBIs in this draft. If we wait until day 3/UDFA, I like Collin Hill of Colorado State but the kid just went down with his 3rd torn ACL so he may be completely off the board.

Devonta Smith would be absolutely devastating in the Packers offense.

For Oakland:

Ceedee Lamb-WR Oklahoma

Perfect stylistic fit with Carr. Would be a great option alongside Tyrell Williams

AJ Espenesa:

If we pick in the top 10, another edge rusher who is a double digit near lock in the NFL.

Isaiah Simmons:

Modern coverage LB to play with NIck Morrow (who has really played well for us this year).

Chiefs:  ILB, OLB, DT, DE, CB....  Any defense aside from Safety.   IOL should be the only offensive spot touched.

MLB and CB are the top needs by far.

I like the Jacob Phillips kid from LSU.

Edited by samsel23

On 9/24/2019 at 8:37 AM, D82 said:

Dallas

1. DL - Robert Quinn, Maliek Collins, and quite a few other guys are set to be free agents after the season. We still have Gregory under contract, but until the league decides that marijuana is less harmful than the prescription opioids they give to their players...well. Getting a good edge rusher to pair opposite D-Law or a beast in the middle of the DL would be huge.

2. Secondary - Similar to the DL, quite a few guys are pending free agents. I think we get Byron Jones re-signed, so that helps...but man, it would be great to have a ball-hawking FS.

3. TE - This is likely Gold Jacket Witt's last year. Jarwin has shown some potential, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant saying he is the future at the position. 

Anyway we can bump these three down and put HC at the top of the list?

Bengals

Every draft eligible OL on Georgia's starting line.  Thomas and Wilson at the OTs.  Their RG can play too.  Jonah Williams, Billy price, Mykael Jordan and Hopkins camn battle it out for the interior spots.  If Jonah sticks at tackle, Wilson is the firat guy off the bench, because it isn't like all of our OTs get hurt at the same time,

Oakland Raiders

Round 1 (Our pick): Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson 

It has been forever since the Raiders have had a young stud LB and Simmons is the perfect fit for the modern-day NFL. He'd also help with covering TE's and would help sure up issues that we've had for over a decade. 

Round 1 (Bears pick): Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama

We've also lacked an elite #1 WR forever and it's hurting our offense big time this year. Ruggs would give us the speed we lack as well as a game-changing talent on offense. 

Falcons can use quite a few things and will need as such after a bit of a purge this offseason im guessing.

Main needs i can for sure say as of right now are

Edge Rusher
DT
CB
RB
LB
C/G

Might need a safety to depending on how Neal heals and if we bring him back which i think we will but would be smart to draft a quality backup incase of another big injury for him.  Can probably be had in the 4th to 5th round with upside though.

So with that said the guys i would target early in the 1st round i order would be

Young DE
Brown DT
Odukah - CB
Epenesa DE

Round 2 i would look at a few good RB's like  Travis from Clemson or Swift from UGA.  If we target a CB or DT with our 1st 2nd round pick after going edge in round 1 then look at a few of the quality RB's in the late 2nd to early 3rd round pick.