2019 WEEK 4 PACKERS vs eagles GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We've got a real problem with our run defense .. it's been really bad for three weeks in a row.  I saw Lowry get pushed around a ton .. take it Kenny Clark isn't holding up real well.  There were monster holes tonight.  We won't stand a chance against Dallas at this rate.

Kenny Clark had a knee issue and was on the injury report this week. We don't know how bad it was. Z. Smith was out on running plays for the most part today. 

MIN game, Cousins throws a pick in the endzone, loses another fumble

PHI game, no turnovers, no gifts from the opposing QB in the redzone

This game was winnable, the MIN game was just as loseable.  GB does not have a very large margin against teams that will likely be contending for the playoffs.

Just now, Golfman said:

Tough loss but we know what we have to work on. Need an inside linebacker for sure. Hope Oren Burks is that guy. 

Don't think Burks will be very stout against the run.

And the way the DLine was getting pushed out and creating canyons for the Eagle backs to run through I think the problem starts up front.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Could we have challenged?  They clearly have shown that they will not overturn anything, but seemed that if we had the option to challenge we needed to take it.

Don't they always look at it for a turnover? Also I don't think when its less than 2 mins the refs can give a penalty by looking at it unfortunately 

Seriously though, the Eagles tackling tonight was unwatchable. Jamal was being facemasked while a dude was winding up to target his head, and then got thrown to the ground with the dude landing on his helmet. Eagle safety unneccesarily barreling in to his own teammate caused pretty much the worst thing I've ever watched on tv. Jermichael's or Collin's plays were just bad luck, that ish tonight was unacceptable.  Can't believe the number of crazy facemasks too... 

Not to be the fairy dust and rainbows guy, but if you had offered me a deal that we would be 3-1 after 4 games while being 2-0 in the division at the beginning of the season, I would have taken that offer so fast your head would have spun.

There's stuff to clean up here, but this is still a good football team. 

• Like 7