2019 WEEK 4 PACKERS vs eagles GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@AlexGreen#20  You mentioned the staff being really stupid, what are you seeing that leads to that?

Same stuff I've been complaining about for four weeks.

Running the ball on 2nd down too much.

Running the same staples of our offense in high leverage situations. Adams slant. Slot receiver on the right running a flare screen while the boundary receiver blocks, in particular were painfully predictable tonight. I'm sure the guy next to me at the bar hated me after a minute as I predicted the plays to him. 

The lack of shot plays.

Refusing to run the ball in the redzone. 

Kicking the XP at the end of the first half. 

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

The really sad thing about the defense is the talent it already has. How much more are we expected to dump into it ?? Simply can't happen

It is a coaching philosophy thing. 

Teams are gonna run on Pettine with the way he plays. Not many teams can win running more than they pass.

That's all it is

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We had been daring teams to kill us with the run all season. You can only play so much cover-2 in the 2-3-6 before somebody tries to punch you in the face. It takes a good offensive line and a patient coach to do it, but it happened tonight. 

We had been able to survive against lousy units on Clark being a stud inside. We finally ran into a team that could slow him down enough that the Lowry weakpoint became apparent. 

I know a lot of people are going to make WR the number one priority in the offseason after this one, but it's still OT. And then it's DT. Clark needs a running mate and he's not on our roster at the moment, and I like Adams. 

At this point would you rather have Extra LB instead of an extra DT? I feel like even though Goodson isn't great he probably should see the field more.

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I agree with OT, but Light played admirably after getting settled in. The problem is you can't count on Bulaga with his injury history. Now, Bak is having issues every week. I think ILB is an area that need to be addressed as well. Martinez was terrible tonight and right now we have nobody else. 

Highly doubt Gute is ever going to spring for an ILB early. He's more about the premiums than Ted ever was. 

Martinez is going to get killed on this, but he was put in a position to fail by the coaching staff. Being the only competent second level defender when the other team is willing to run is a very rough gig. There's a reason teams aren't playing 5-1-5s around the league. 

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Same stuff I've been complaining about for four weeks.

Running the ball on 2nd down too much.

Running the same staples of our offense in high leverage situations. Adams slant. Slot receiver on the right running a flare screen while the boundary receiver blocks, in particular were painfully predictable tonight. I'm sure the guy next to me at the bar hated me after a minute as I predicted the plays to him. 

The lack of shot plays.

Refusing to run the ball in the redzone. 

Kicking the XP at the end of the first half. 

How many times did they run the ball on 2nd down tonight?  There were only 15 called runs and 1 of those was a jet weep to Allison

Agreed on the variation in route and play combinations.

Shot plays were hard to come by with the pressure the PHI front was generating and with Light in at RT.

GB averaged around 1.7 yards per rush by the RBs.  

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Highly doubt Gute is ever going to spring for an ILB early. He's more about the premiums than Ted ever was. 

Martinez is going to get killed on this, but he was put in a position to fail by the coaching staff. Being the only competent second level defender when the other team is willing to run is a very rough gig. There's a reason teams aren't playing 5-1-5s around the league. 

When Burks comes back I think we're athletic enough to play with 2 ILB. Now I'm assuming he's made a leap from year two and can be in the right spot. Time will tell, but we need some help inside at the second level. Man throw Fackrell in there, he's pretty athletic. 93 is terrible. 

Adams coming back will help, but Lancaster was getting washed out terribly all game. Lowry was not much better tonight. 

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Lions just beat them on the road. This was a huge loss. Home loss and loss to a team who will be in the playoff hunt. This one will likely effect us in December if we're battling for the division or wild card.

so what are you saying, you wanna give up on the season? you said it yourself, we lost to a playoff caliber team. it's tough to win in this league. on to dallas 

2 minutes ago, persiandud said:

so what are you saying, you wanna give up on the season? you said it yourself, we lost to a playoff caliber team. it's tough to win in this league. on to dallas 

Its sucks to lose to a team when you are up 10-0 in the first quarter at home. That **** shouldnt happen to a good team.