2019 WEEK 4 PACKERS vs eagles GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

But onto the game, this is our defense’s biggest test of the season so far.  A good QB and a good scheme.  I could see this one being the first time a team tops 20 points against us.

My goodness, we’re talkijg about a team maybe topping 20 points against us in the fourth game of the season.  How things have changed.

6 hours ago, Danger said:

On a short week, I don't think he plays yet. It may have been feasible otherwise.

Eagles led the NFL in Adjusted Games Lost in 2018, and I think we are early favorites to do so this year. (Notable injuries)

IR:
DT Malik Jackson
OT Jordan Mailata
DE Joe Ostman
CB Crevon LeBlanc

PUP:
CB Jalen Mills

Out:
DT Tim Jernigan
CB Ronald Darby

Doubtful:
WR DeSean Jackson
WR Alshon Jeffery (Officially questionable, but I'd be shocked if he plays)

Questionable:
DE Derek Barnett
OT Andre Dillard
RB Corey Clement
TE Dallas Goedert
WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside
LB Nate Gerry

Boy you Eagles fans are going hard with the injury excuse. Alshon did the walk through today and will play.

Packers, beat them by 21. Put them out of their misery

From PackersNews

Coach Matt LaFleur amended the short work week for his Green Bay Packers team, which included no traditional practices Monday and Tuesday in advance of Thursday night’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

“I looked at a lot of schedules from previous stops and just kind of took what I felt worked best for us as a football team and I do know the priority is, again, making sure our players are well-rested and making sure that they have a plan that allows them to go out there and play fast and not think a lot,” LaFleur said.

So as for game-planning for the Eagles, an uncommon opponent, the first-year head coach said he and offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett will have a focused approach to the play sheet. “It’s more or less your best hits,” LaFleur said. “Just stuff that you know and you’re confident they’re going to be able to go out and execute and not think too much.”

The eagles defeated the Packers in the 1960 NFL Championship, after which Vince Lombardi told his players:
"You'll never lose another Championship game"

And they didn't. The Lombardi Packers went on to win 5 NFL Championships in 7 seasons.
So what price did the Eagles have to pay for this serious transgression ?

They suffered The Curse of Vince Lombardi...for a very long time

The eagles didn't win squat from 1960 until 2018...which ironically enough was just after the curse of Vince Lombardi was lifted
The eagles championship drought lasted 57 years... and that's exactly how old Vince was when he died ... 57 years.

He must have figured that a "lifetime" of suffering was enough penance for beating the Mighty Green Bay Packers in a Title Game

10358866_927623217266670_771721584468607

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 2