2019 WEEK 4 PACKERS vs eagles GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

What I want to know is why Crosby has so damn much Gray hair.  The guy is 35 years old!  Clearly he is aging rapidly before our eyes.

This is actually correct. His metabolic rate is faster than the average or "normal" human being. If one were to construct his family tree, it could probably be characterized as one with short branches :)

17 hours ago, Golfman said:

Given the two long returns we've now given up, our ROI is not looking so good. Kick the damned ball out of the endzone and play defense. 

17 hours ago, Norm said:

I feel like ST coaches are the only people on Earth who disagree with this lol

Unfortunately for Packer fans he is the only vote that matters! Our special teams have been as bad as our defense this decade. Frustrating, but not all is lost! Three and one and played three really good teams and one mediocre team. 

Dallas is going to be a tough get if we play soft and beg them to run. Prescott may not throw a pass next week. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Unfortunately for Packer fans he is the only vote that matters! Our special teams have been as bad as our defense this decade. Frustrating, but not all is lost! Three and one and played three really good teams and one mediocre team. 

Dallas is going to be a tough get if we play soft and beg them to run. Prescott may not throw a pass next week. 

He will at some point, but only to mix things up.

The message needs to be sent to La Fleur that Crosby should be doing nothing more than kicking touchbacks. Hell, we should be like some teams who bring in a kicker for that purpose alone. Our ST's coach should be working on punt cover and that's it...

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Dear God this!

Do people think an NFL kicker can't kick the ball 70 yards in the air every time???

My highschool kicker, who did not get D1 offers and was also our QB, could kick the ball the 65 yards necessary to get a touchback. Crosby could probably kick it through the uprights off the tee if he wanted to. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/11/jay-feely-it-will-be-easy-for-nfl-kickers-to-game-the-new-touchback-rule/

Doesn't explicitly talk about the ease of kickoffs, but you can make the logical leap that NFL Kickers can easily adjust the trajectory and shorten the approach to put it on the 5, it's very easy for them to not do those things and put it out of the endzone. 

Kicking through the uprights is about an 85yd kick...Plus the NFL uses different kicking balls.

8 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

What I want to know is why Crosby has so damn much Gray hair.  The guy is 35 years old!  Clearly he is aging rapidly before our eyes.

Not completely relevant here, but a friend of mine's brother apparently went to AA classes and Mason was in them. Clutch kicking can be very stressful. 

On 9/27/2019 at 1:12 AM, Leader said:

Jones is a small, cut back / cut it outside guy.

He's never been a between the tackles guy....or its not his strength - and seriously........you're not going to propose that MORE running would have had a better effect.

Jones averaged 1.61 yds per carry. You think more carries was the answer? Sure...to quicker 3 + outs.
AR averaged 9.2 yds per carry.

The running game was SHUT DOWN by Philly. They were short in the secondary and were jamming the box and rushing lanes to get to AR.

Yes, from the 1, I'm going to propose running more is the answer. Especially after our offense showed a humiliating level of ineptness from the one with 4 failed pass attempts on the previous drive.  

The idea that Aaron Jones is a scat back who can't run between the tackles is uneducated and ridiculous.  He's been statistically one of the hardest RBs in the NFL to tackle over his career.  Over his career Jones has averaged over 5 yards per carry between the tackles with almost 3 of those yards coming AFTER FIRST CONTACT.    

Edited by SSG