Bengals and Burfict agree on 3 year extension

Forge

That's....dangerous. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player, but the new money in that will be the highest per year deal for any non-edge rushing LB. Feels like the suspensions and penalties should've warranted Cincy getting a discount, but I guess not. That's more per year than the new deal Collins got and the new money in Kuechly's extension. 

20 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

That's....dangerous. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player, but the new money in that will be the highest per year deal for any non-edge rushing LB. Feels like the suspensions and penalties should've warranted Cincy getting a discount, but I guess not. That's more per year than the new deal Collins got and the new money in Kuechly's extension. 

I think the team stands behind him and payed him market value as a show of faith/vote of confidence.

As for dangerous, I believe there was only $3 million in bonuses, so not dangerous at all.

23 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I think the team stands behind him and payed him market value as a show of faith/vote of confidence.

As for dangerous, I believe there was only $3 million in bonuses, so not dangerous at all.

as they should....

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

That would definitely help, if true.

6 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

You guys do know if a player is suspended, you don't actually pay them right?  So if he gets suspended for a year, that's a year of not having to pay him for Mike Brown.  Don't see the risk...

I know they're not paid, but the cap hit still carries impact until the suspension. So if he had a $12M cap hit in an offseason, and he gets suspended in week 8 the following year for the remainder of the season, you still took the opportunity cost of that $12M cap hit in terms of what you could do the prior offseason.

9 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I know they're not paid, but the cap hit still carries impact until the suspension. So if he had a $12M cap hit in an offseason, and he gets suspended in week 8 the following year for the remainder of the season, you still took the opportunity cost of that $12M cap hit in terms of what you could do the prior offseason.

This is the Bengals.  Mike Brown ain't worried about not being able to spend money...

Archived