Redskins Postgame

dll2000

I was going to write this myself, but I saw this tweet with same thought and just copied it.

I would add that they added some lead blocks to plays which is also nice, going to have to create some pass plays out of that so it isn't so obvious a run. 

I also really liked that they played Robinson in slot more, like I said they should do pre game. I would put him there full time. It is where he is best and most effective. 

Aside from Dix (although Dic gave up some plays too) and Mack and some others I have to watch film to see game was not super impressive, but it was improvement by Mitch and Nagy.

I hope people focus on improvement for MT and not his continuing flaws. 

O line is still a massive disappointment. Our interior which features 3 pro bowl talents is playing like garbage this year. 

Why didn't we sign a kicker for the game? That is weird to me to just go into a game without a healthy kicker.  

Knee injury to Hicks and a concussion for Gabriel.  A bunch of other guys seem dinged up. That's not good.  

Good win, but if I have to be honest MN looks like a better football team right now.  

Edited by dll2000
Finish a thought

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

FWIW I thought that was Mack's best game as a Bear. Two pass deflections, two sacks, and two forced fumbles. A ton of pressures too. He also had another sack and FF wiped away by a flag. Outstanding.

We are so very lucky to have this guy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Kyle Fuller’s performance concerns me a bit. He’s been opportunistic so far but he’s struggling to cover quicker guys.

I would not be concerned with him.  Fuller is not a man to man cover corner he's more of an off man zone type of guy.  He plays his best ball when he is in front of the QB and can read the play.  

As shown in previous years he will give up the easy yards sometimes but he is an opportunistic player that will generate turnovers.  

• Like 1

I think this team is still feeling themselves through what should have been the pre-season. I'm not one to typically jump on that bandwagon, but seeing incremental improvements (while great, obviously) allows that thought to creep back into my mind.

I'm hoping the offense keeps improving, even if it's baby steps... but really, it will all be moot if the line can't open some holes for our run game and protect our QB.

Thought Mitch played well... had some mistakes, like all young QBs, but he made plays as well when we needed them.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

If Kyle Long was not Kyle Long he would be benched after that performance.

He has been bad all year.

It really looks like he is done.

He should have never started this year at all based on performance.  He didn't really win the job, it was penciled in.  He got whooped every day in practice by every single Bear.  I saw it with my own eyes on day I was there.   They were literally 10 feet from me running full speed drills and he was getting killed time and again.  He threw a temper tantrum by himself that looked really psycho.  I feel for the guy.  He wants to play great, but he just can't. 

We should have traded him when name value was really high and we picked up that good guard from Green Bay.  Forgetting his name.  

I said it then.  Not sure I said it on this board.

[Next Gen Stats] Gabriel's 36-yard sideline TD was most improbable completion so far this season

According to Next Gen Stats, Mitch Trubisky's 36-yard TD to Taylor Gabriel had a completion probability of just 10.4 percent.

QB Speed at Throw: 9.41 MPH

Air Distance: 49.0 yards

Sideline Distance: 0.0 yards (GPS chips in Gabriel’s shoulder pads were 0.0 yards from sideline at time of catch)