Tankathon 2020 - The Race Begins

Broncofan

32 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I think Denver is a better team than any of them.

That said, they are 6th place in my mind

The team whose offense is led by Joe Flacco, and whose defense has yet to record a sack or turnover.

I do not think DEN is any good at all, tbh.

7 hours ago, theJ said:

The team whose offense is led by Joe Flacco, and whose defense has yet to record a sack or turnover.

By no means is Denver a playoff team, but if you've watched the games they actually move the ball decently consistently and make some good stops on defense.  Where they have failed immensely is the big play, both on offense and defense.  And turning the ball over while getting nothing in return is certainly contributing to their 0-3 record.  Flacco isn't a great QB, but he isn't the reason they are 0-3.

11 minutes ago, Twizlers said:

By no means is Denver a playoff team, but if you've watched the games they actually move the ball decently consistently and make some good stops on defense.  Where they have failed immensely is the big play, both on offense and defense.  And turning the ball over while getting nothing in return is certainly contributing to their 0-3 record.  Flacco isn't a great QB, but he isn't the reason they are 0-3.

Watched all 3 games--with the lack of 'big play ability' on offense they rely on meticulous drives downfield and because of that---they leave themselves zero room for error. It makes it that much harder for them to win games when their entire offense is not at all built to play from behind with no quick strike ability. Even having 1 turnover absolutely cripples them

Also with the defense, its more than the 0 sack, 0 turnover numbers. They havent played great, but offenses are completely scheming their passrush out of the game. Oakland threw nothing but quick 5-7 yard routes then entire game and never even game them a chance to get pressure. The Packers/Bears ran the ball a bunch and threw quick routes as well. Its up to the coaches to learn to adjust the coverage and eliminate the quick strike routes even if that means sacrificing the deep ball 1v1 a lot more. Their coverage needs to start playing underneath instead of overtop to make the QBs hold the ball and go through progressions.

Edited by AkronsWitness

20 hours ago, theJ said:

How long do you legitimately think that lasts with Von Miller and Bradley Chubb?  Admittedly, I haven't watched much of the Broncos outside of the first half of the Broncos/Packers games, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that the defense won't turn it around.  I'm not a big believer in Flacco.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

How long do you legitimately think that lasts with Von Miller and Bradley Chubb?  Admittedly, I haven't watched much of the Broncos outside of the first half of the Broncos/Packers games, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that the defense won't turn it around.  I'm not a big believer in Flacco.

1) Their defense and pass rush is being gameplanned against by every team they have played. Everything is West Coast dink and dunk with run heavy. 

2) Flacco hasnt been terrible. Hes actually played pretty decent thus far. That said, when/if this season gets out of control--Drew Lock time for the final 4-6 games. The only negative I see with Flacco is that the offense is going crazy with short routes/screens/runs. I thought Flaccos biggest strength is the deep ball. I havent seen much, if any, deep bombs trying to create splash plays---super conservative thus far. Not sure if thats the play calling that needs to open up a bit or his reads where hes opting for the check down.