Week 4 GDT: Redskins vs. Giants @ 1:05pm EST

Giants4eva

Good win! 

Not that worried about the picks DJ threw he's a young player. Bound to have some growing pains. 

Really nice game for the defense especially Jenkins and Jabrill Peppers. Feel horrible for Ryan Connelly though. I wonder if the Giants could make a trade because they are seriously short at ILB

TJ Jones needs to be cut immediately

• Like 1

Anyone troubled at all by those 2 picks? I think maybe we're overlooking them because Keenum failed to capitalize on two easy sure TD throws. Had he connected on those and the game was much closer would we be criticizing those 2 picks? Both seemed like forced throws to Shep when he didn't have much separation.  Can't quite recall if DJones was under pressure on both...but I felt a little bit of that Eli recklessness in those two moments. However he did more then enough to overcome them, and I'm so glad the kid is making me and other draft day detractors eat crow.

1 hour ago, Shockey1979 said:

Anyone troubled at all by those 2 picks? I think maybe we're overlooking them because Keenum failed to capitalize on two easy sure TD throws. Had he connected on those and the game was much closer would we be criticizing those 2 picks? Both seemed like forced throws to Shep when he didn't have much separation.  Can't quite recall if DJones was under pressure on both...but I felt a little bit of that Eli recklessness in those two moments. However he did more then enough to overcome them, and I'm so glad the kid is making me and other draft day detractors eat crow.

Shurmur and DJ had some notes on them after the game. The first one, DJ said he didn't see the guy. Shurmur said Washington did something they hadn't put on film from the first 3 games and their CB dropped off and undercut the route. Poor decision resulted in a pick. A rookie is going to make mistakes like that. The 2nd one was a poor throw, and DJ admitted it. He was also late on the throw, and it was probably a poor decision to throw to that receiver regardless of where it was placed. Easily the worst play he's made so far; nothing was good about that 2nd interception. It seemed very out of character for DJ as it was pretty reckless. Given it was the first time we've seen that, I'll let it slide for now. Can't let that become a habit, so hopefully that gets nipped now.

The first pick is going to happen over his entire career because they happen to everyone. I just want to see them limited. Eli never limited those. The 2nd one is concerning only if he continues to make plays like that. It was his 2nd start though. If he makes a throw like that in week 17 I'll be more concerned.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2019 at 7:15 AM, minutemancl said:

Apparently, Peppers was out there saying "I'm the real 21" during the game and that is why Landon got mad at him after the game. lol

It's funny that all the guys Gettleman ditched (OBJ, Landon, Flowers) just won't shut up about the Giants. Like crazy exes 9_9

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

It's funny that all the guys Gettleman ditched (OBJ, Landon, Flowers) just won't shut up about the Giants. Like crazy exes 9_9

U would think of those 3 guys mentioned, Flowers would be the one to really keep quiet. Dude is an absolute waste of a player.