Week 4 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Denver Broncos

Joe_is_the_best

ff_2517582_full.jpg&w=325@AasvQsU.jpg

Jacksonville Jaguars at Denver Broncos
3:25 PM ET
CBS

1175825543.jpg.0.jpgflacco-smile.jpg

Injury Report

Jaguars                                                                        Broncos

Name/Pos                        Status                                Name/Pos                        Status
Myles Jack, LB                 Questionable                    Ja'Wuan James, OT        Out
Jalen Ramsey, CB            Questionable                    Josey Jewell, LB              Questionable
D.J. Alexander, LB            Questionable                    Andy Janovich, FB           Questionable
Josh Oliver, TE                  Questionable                    Bryce Callahan, CB          Questionable
                                                                                        Joe Jones, LB                   Questionable

Preview

At 0-3, our season is pretty much over, but our team isn't going to go down easy. Minshew has impressed, but I suspect it will be a low scoring game.

Broncos D-Line vs Jags O-Line: 
Jacksonville is top 10 in adjusted sack rate, while Denver is at rock bottom. We need to get the Jags in obvious passing situations and Fangio needs to find creative ways to get pressure. Safety or corner blitzes are nice.

Flacco vs Minshew
Flacco has been efficiently moving the ball without much to show for it, but with some creative playcalling (*cough Lindsay), he should win this duel.

Prediction: Broncos 24, Jaguars 16

1-2, 0-1 
Edited by Joe_is_the_best
  • Like 2

Minshew's impressive play and our defense's inability to make any plays are two trends that seem to be beating the odds week after week. I think this defense comes alive with their backs to the wall. 0-3, at home vs. an offense they SHOULD match up well against. On the other hand...Calais Campbell, Yannick Ngakoue, Myles Jack and Jalen Ramsey (if he's still there) are all matchup nightmares who will present similar problems to some of the Bears' studs. Need to be able to out-scheme Wash and create a few big chunk plays. 

23-16 Broncos. Nothing has changed about this team, but they finally play a clean game and are highly motivated from start to finish. Everyone relaxes about Vic's scheme as Chubb and Miller each get a sack. Bausby gets picked on a little early but makes the game sealing interception with a beautiful break on the ball Vic's defenses are famous for. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

This game comes down to can our front  7 stop Leonard Fournette.  

In theory Minshew should have a similar gameplan as Flacco has had the past 2 weeks short quick throws, wear the d down with ground game.

I don't think the Jags have the matchups against our linebackers.  You worry about Chark, and Dede. 

Take the run away, and the quick plays make Minshew beat you deep consistently. 

-Don't give Minshew clean reads , and hopefully Flacco executes his game plan at home better than a rookie qb in his 3rd start.

44 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

This game comes down to can our front  7 stop Leonard Fournette.  

In theory Minshew should have a similar gameplan as Flacco has had the past 2 weeks short quick throws, wear the d down with ground game.

I don't think the Jags have the matchups against our linebackers.  You worry about Chark, and Dede. 

Take the run away, and the quick plays make Minshew beat you deep consistently. 

-Don't give Minshew clean reads , and hopefully Flacco executes his game plan at home better than a rookie qb in his 3rd start.

Fournette is pretty damn bad and if he has a good game it means our DL was getting its *** kicked again. And that means we probably do lose. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Fournette is pretty damn bad and if he has a good game it means our DL was getting its *** kicked again. And that means we probably do lose. 

Fournette is bad, but our dline is kinda thin. It's the culmination effect you worry about throughout a 4 quarter period. Fournette can't do much as a receiver, but he is a physical runner ,you worry about that after what David Montgomery did or could of done to us.

The Jags are going to stick with the run on the road it's a balance of getting a rotation so the guys stay fresh throughout 4 quarters.  And having athletic guys in there to watch for cheap trickery bs yardage plays.

Edited by thebestever6

Didn’t know where to put this, but saw Harris made a comment that in so many words said, Fangio is doing everything he can defensively, but at some point you have to have players.  

I like the fact that Harris seems to like what Fangio is doing, but on the flip side I think this is an incredibly stupid comment in regards to this defense (and maybe he did it as either a shot at Elway or to light a fire under some players), but this defense is far more talented than what they’ve produced.  To say something like that with himself (top 5 CB), Miller (an expected defensive MVP candidate), Chubb (top 5 pick coming of double digit sacks), Wolfe/Gotsis (solid run defenders), Jackson (as versatile as there is in the NFL and arguably the best defensive player thus far) and Shelby Harris who I really expected to take a big leap and hasn’t, is ballsy as hell.  

27 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Didn’t know where to put this, but saw Harris made a comment that in so many words said, Fangio is doing everything he can defensively, but at some point you have to have players make plays.  

I took it as having pride in your craft, and accountability. Something that lacked in the previous regime. 

If other teams take it the flip side way, make the calls make an offer the senile geezer can't refuse hopefully he's got someone in his ear still able to reach him.

Edited by thebestever6

34 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I took it as having pride in your craft, and accountability. Something that lacked in the previous regime. 

If other teams take it the flip side way, make the calls make an offer the senile geezer can't refuse hopefully he's got someone in his ear still able to reach him.

Didn’t notice the make plays part when I first read it.  Delete my above comment, he’s calling out the defense to start playing to their capabilities.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

No I'm just saying you add two words and it changes the context of it it could be interpreted either way .

Yeah, but the original quote I read ended with, “It’s really you just have to have players.”  After looking up the quote it didn’t include Harris’ last 2 sentences where, at least to me, he’s really saying Fangio is doing everything and the guys we have need to step up.....which is an accurate comment.  

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 1