Week 1 GDT - ATLANTA FALCONS @ CHICAGO BEARS

chisoxguy7

THE REGULAR SEASON IS UPON US

WEEK ONE

ATLANTA FALCONS (0-0)        VERSUS        CHICAGO BEARS (0-0)

KICKOFF: SEPTEMBER 10, 2017, 12PM CENTRAL TIMEHISTORIC SOLDIER FIELD

photo-12.jpg

INJURY REPORT

kil3bVs.png

BETTING LINES

PQPsZsO.png

WEATHER

pLM8Vkj.png

STORYLINES

2000, A FOOTBALL ODYSSEY: JULIO JONES' QUEST FOR 2,000 RECEIVING YARDS IN 2017

MATT RYAN: RESPONDING TO A SUPER BOWL LOSS, LOSS OF SHANAHAN?

WELCOME TO CHICAGO: CAN GLENNON SHAKE PRESEASON JITTERS?

MERE-DIDN'T: BEARS WR DEPTH CHART WHITE-D OUT AFTER MEREDITH LOST FOR YEAR, WHO WILL MAKE THINGS WRIGHT?

PLAYING IT SAFE-TY: BEARS SECONDARY WITH AN ALL NEW LOOK FOR 2017

NO LATE PHEES: PERNELL MCPHEE RETURNS FOR WEEK ONE AFTER INJURY RIDDLED 2016

LONG SHOT: KYLE LONG'S WEEK ONE AVAILABILITY IN QUESTION

ZOOKEEPER ASKS: WHAT LEASH LENGTH IS APPROPRIATE FOR GIRAFFE? 

BISCUIT SAYS: WHEN MY TIME COMES, IT'S ALL GRAVY

QUICK HITS

OF GLENNON'S 15 NFL STARTS, 4 HAVE COME AGAINST ATLANTA. IN THESE GAMES: 71% COMP, 6TD:0INT, 109.2 RATING

RYAN VS BEARS: 2-2, 61% COMP, 4TD:4INT, 81.9 RATING

SUPER BOWL LOSERS IN WEEK 1, SINCE 2000: 5-12 (2-15 VS SPREAD)

FALCONS HAVE LOST LAST SIX GAMES IN CHICAGO

NO TEAM IN NFL HISTORY HAS MORE WEEK 1 VICTORIES THAN THE BEARS (54, T1-PACKERS)

BEAR DOWN

bear cubs thechive arelittle GIF

Damn!  Nice work on the thread, thanks for taking the time to do this!

As for the game, it's gonna be nice just to see meaningful football again and having a shred of optimism.  Glennon is uninspiring, but I'm excited nonetheless.

I expect the Falcons to cruise right through the Bears, but who knows?  Maybe they'll have the super bowl loss hangover?

Let me preface by saying I think Atlanta will struggle this year. The Super Bowl Hangover is a real thing, and to lose how they lost, PLUS changing offensive coordinators... I just can't picture things going smoothly for them.

Over the past ten years, Super Bowl losers have struggled when opening the following season on the road.

Despite all of this, I think the Bears defense puts up a good fight, but the offense under Glennon lacks the juice to put up a decent number of points, and I think Atlanta's talent and team speed ultimately wins out.

Atlanta 24, Bears 13.

13 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Let me preface by saying I think Atlanta will struggle this year. The Super Bowl Hangover is a real thing, and to lose how they lost, PLUS changing offensive coordinators... I just can't picture things going smoothly for them.

Over the past ten years, Super Bowl losers have struggled when opening the following season on the road.

Despite all of this, I think the Bears defense puts up a good fight, but the offense under Glennon lacks the juice to put up a decent number of points, and I think Atlanta's talent and team speed ultimately wins out.

Atlanta 24, Bears 13.

This is exactly how I see it going down as well. At halftime I can see it being very close and then the Falcons take it in the third quarter. People mention moral victories and the next 3 games are blood baths. 

Bears LG Kyle Long (ankle) is listed as questionable for Week 1 versus Atlanta.

The Chicago Tribune's Rich Campbell "would be surprised" if Long plays. The Bears will kick Cody Whitehair to left guard and start Hroniss Grasu at center. The loss of long hurts Jordan Howard's outlook, but not to the extent that he should be downgraded from a back-end RB1. Atlanta's run defense struggled in 2016.

Interesting to see if they shift Whitehair.

4 hours ago, Nads786 said:

This is exactly how I see it going down as well. At halftime I can see it being very close and then the Falcons take it in the third quarter. People mention moral victories and the next 3 games are blood baths. 

Yeah, basically I picture a repeat of last year's opener.

On 9/7/2017 at 6:26 PM, CBears019 said:

Damn!  Nice work on the thread, thanks for taking the time to do this!

As for the game, it's gonna be nice just to see meaningful football again and having a shred of optimism.  Glennon is uninspiring, but I'm excited nonetheless.

I expect the Falcons to cruise right through the Bears, but who knows?  Maybe they'll have the super bowl loss hangover?

Just wait, in 2 weeks this forum will be a swamp of hatred and negativity lol. 

Archived