Coopers Cowboys visit the NOLA Teddy Under-waters

Matts4313

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Zeke looks awful.  No other way around it.

I was begging for them to put in Pollard just to see if it's him or the OL, but they never did.

Pollard got 2 total snaps after having a great game last week.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I can get field passes for UT Longhorns games anytime I want though. ;)

I just have to carry cords and speakers

Take me with you.

1 hour ago, Northland said:

I'm not trying to be a smartass.  Were you and others concerned about Zeke after the Dolphins game?  

I cant speak for anyone else, but I have been harping that Zeke looks slow since game 1. I bought into the "knock some rust off" that we all did. But then in that Saints game I vividly remember him not being able to juke a DL 1 on 1 with space on either side... and I just smacked my head. Zeke is way to good of a player to not be able to get around a 300lb DL in space. 

He just kinda took a few steps and fell into the guy for little to no gain. In the past Zeke makes it to the second level on that play. 

I mean, he was averaging like 6 yards a carry after last week and I still couldnt reconcile that with what I was seeing on the field. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Pollard got 2 total snaps after having a great game last week.

Take me with you.

I cant speak for anyone else, but I have been harping that Zeke looks slow since game 1. I bought into the "knock some rust off" that we all did. But then in that Saints game I vividly remember him not being able to juke a DL 1 on 1 with space on either side... and I just smacked my head. Zeke is way to good of a player to not be able to get around a 300lb DL in space. 

He just kinda took a few steps and fell into the guy for little to no gain. In the past Zeke makes it to the second level on that play. 

I mean, he was averaging like 6 yards a carry after last week and I still couldnt reconcile that with what I was seeing on the field. 

Fair enough my friend.  It's either too much tequila and tacos as part of the Cabo training, or his skills are deteriorating.  And if his skills are eroding already he will be the poster child for why you never give a rb a big contract.  Draft them.  Ride them hard over their rookie contracts.  Cut them loose and let someone else pick up the tab.  Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Northland said:

Fair enough my friend.  It's either too much tequila and tacos as part of the Cabo training, or his skills are deteriorating.  And if his skills are eroding already he will be the poster child for why you never give a rb a big contract.  Draft them.  Ride them hard over their rookie contracts.  Cut them loose and let someone else pick up the tab.  Rinse and repeat.

And on that note, I believe Emmitt Smith all-time yardage record will now be the hardest record to break in football. Possibly Sports

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

And on that note, I believe Emmitt Smith all-time yardage record will now be the hardest record to break in football. Possibly Sports

Frank Gore just cracked the top 4 all time this week. 15,021.he can pass Barry’s Sanders for top 3 in next 2 weeks. 15,269. Would still need 3k yards to get to Smiths record. At age 36, don’t see that happening!

19 hours ago, Northland said:

I'm not trying to be a smartass.  Were you and others concerned about Zeke after the Dolphins game?  

The total rushing numbers were very nice and it was a slow first half for everyone that's why it didn't bother me. Although this is something to keep an eye on going forward I agree. 

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it is just another slow start to the season like he always does have. I believe he will get better because so much of our team success rests on his shoulders and I don't believe he is an individual that would let his teammates down because of his lack of preparation in terms of getting his body ready for the future games of the season.

I predicted our defense would get back to form and I think Zeke will also. I'm more interested to see how our coaching staff as a whole responds after a loss like this honestly. We have a lot of offensive adjustments to make and the really elite teams do that better than anybody. 

If Zeke has looked sluggish during the game why didn't we give Pollard more carries in space? I think Kellen Moore's ability to learn from this game and craft a better gameplan will set him apart from Scott Linehan..or else he is just more of the same.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

15 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Frank Gore just cracked the top 4 all time this week. 15,021.he can pass Barry’s Sanders for top 3 in next 2 weeks. 15,269. Would still need 3k yards to get to Smiths record. At age 36, don’t see that happening!

didn't even know he was that close. Still the game has changed and running the football is no where near the same priority. So Emmitt should be safe.

16 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Got in a conversation about our game and it has now annoyed me again. We only called 7 play action passes. 7. Ridiculous. And as a reminder:

Play action still works even when your run game stalls. 

Not trying to be a know it all, but I've been saying this..

Edited by resilient part 2