Coopers Cowboys visit the NOLA Teddy Under-waters

Matts4313

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That one. I have replaced it. Im hoping that this isnt a sign from the football gods. 

I would think a man, who spent the better part of two seasons pimping Dak to be elite and the need to pay him,.. to not be scared of Teddy Bridgwater, now that Dak is actually playing elite.

...They do have comparable teams. Two great RBs Zeke and Kamara. Thomas and Cooper. Even the names Terron and Tyron playing LT. You could argue Dallas has the better line, but I think they win that argument over anybody they play. Both teams are supposed to have good defenses, but both have been something less than dominant so far.

The big difference is our vastly superior QB, right? 

41 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I would think a man, who spent the better part of two seasons pimping Dak to be elite and the need to pay him,.. to not be scared of Teddy Bridgwater, now that Dak is actually playing elite.

...They do have comparable teams. Two great RBs Zeke and Kamara. Thomas and Cooper. Even the names Terron and Tyron playing LT. You could argue Dallas has the better line, but I think they win that argument over anybody they play. Both teams are supposed to have good defenses, but both have been something less than dominant so far.

I will never underestimate Payton in the Dome. Never. 

50 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I feel you ae starting to back slide. we/Dak got this..

Brady>Foles.. who won?

Edited by resilient part 2

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So if you have a good enough team you don't need an elite QB? Who is backsliding here?

?? An elite QB will get you much more wins. Just stating simply that an elite QB doesn't guarantee a win. Even a team with a better QB and a better team can lose. It's football. On any given Sunday..etc..

Somehow I am feeling confident. I am betting the Dallas players have heard so much about their "first real test" and "easy schedule" and are itching to prove themselves.

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

?? An elite QB will get you much more wins. Just stating simply that an elite QB doesn't guarantee a win. Even a team with a better QB and a better team can lose. It's football. On any given Sunday..etc..

Somehow I am feeling confident. I am betting the Dallas players have heard so much about their "first real test" and "easy schedule" and are itching to prove themselves.

Exactly

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So if you have a good enough team you don't need an elite QB? Who is backsliding here?

Lets not pretend that having the best QB or the best team guarantees a win. Or best coach. Or best GM. Or best anything. 

"Any given Sunday" is a phrase for a reason.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Jesus wtf happened to Lattimore. He was one of the most impressive CB I have ever seen come out of the draft and his rookie season was off the charts. Like damn. 

Maybe he lost confidence, or maybe the Team doesn't get enough pressure up front or some combination

Edited by resilient part 2

I'm not certain where the uncertainty in this thread comes from. 

Let's break this down:

1) Our defensive secondary can and will allow any pass attempt you need.
2) Whoever said "force Teddy to beat us" hasn't payed any attention to Teddy.
3) Kamara is playing off the hook this season, but can't do it all on his own, and there are no other offensive options past 5 yards with Teddy at QB

I'm guessing this game isn't going to be pretty, and I'm fairly certain Dallas will win to the tune of 42-17, with the bulk of the Saints points coming in garbage time.

Love me some Saints, but this could be ugly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Jesus wtf happened to Lattimore. He was one of the most impressive CB I have ever seen come out of the draft and his rookie season was off the charts. Like damn. 

Numbers are misleading, but he definitely hasn't played like he did as a rookie or through much of last year. He's had tons of plays where he's right on his WRs tail but just can't break up the pass. The fact that he's not just completely torched and lost in coverage gives me confidence it's more of a slump he can come back from that.

A couple weird plays do skew the numbers a bit though.

6 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Maybe he lost confidence, or maybe the Team doesn't get enough pressure up front or some combination

One of the huge gains was DK Metcalf on a Wilson scramble drill after long protection, but Lattimore still caught him inbounds and ended the 1st half on that play. That's all we needed him to do on that play, don't allow a score and don't let them run out of bounds if they catch it in the middle of the field. He did neither so the yardage was garbage time yards.

There were a couple times Lattimore didn't get the help over top from Marcus Williams both against Nuk and again vs Cooks. This led to Vonn Bell getting moved to that deep safety role and Williams was asked to cover the weaker side of the field. His coverage wasn't great and the point isn't to make an excuse for him but explain that he might've played the WR differently if he knew his help wasn't gonna be there.

Deuce Windham has good game breakdown of Lattimore showing these plays, he watches more Saints film than just about anyone out there as well as maintaining relationships with staff and players in the locker room. He understands the Saints schemes inside and out and has a good handle on what players are being asked to do on any given play. If he doesn't think the sky is falling and it's just a "bad stretch" I'm not too worried yet. He's had some nice plays this year as well, it's not all bad. Just a lot of yardage he's giving up, sometimes on plays that were broken.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1