Player Appreciation Thread

RaidersAreOne

I’m the most impressed with Josh Jacobs, Rodney Hudson (as usual), and Vontaze Burfict. Shame Burfict has mileage and is a two-three year stop gap at most imo. 

Jacobs has played lights out and I absolutely love his vision and aggressiveness. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m the most impressed with Josh Jacobs, Rodney Hudson (as usual), and Vontaze Burfict. Shame Burfict has mileage and is a two-three year stop gap at most imo. 

Jacobs has played lights out and I absolutely love his vision and aggressiveness. 

The thing I hate most about our O other than the obvious fact that we can't score, is how we do not use Jacobs in the passing game. Sure he's a good runner and blocker, but one of his biggest strengths is his pass catching and route running. Gruden noted they have to get him going more in that facet, but this should have been the case wee 1. Not week 4.

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The thing I hate most about our O other than the obvious fact that we can't score, is how we do not use Jacobs in the passing game. Sure he's a good runner and blocker, but one of his biggest strengths is his pass catching and route running. Gruden noted they have to get him going more in that facet, but this should have been the case wee 1. Not week 4.

Maybe they are concerned with his speed? Gotta be faster in the passing than the running game. Just a theory. They need to at least give him a full season catching the ball though and see what he can do. We aren’t going anywhere anyways. 

We need to get Waller in the end zone. The fact that we haven’t yet is absurd. Glad the guy has his life back on track.

I’ve made it known that I’m a huge fan of Jacobs. There is no reason for him to see less than four targets a game. 

Hudson is so underrated. Just comes to work and kicks ***.

Everyone acted like burfict was going to be a cancer but it seems like he’s another guy that comes to work and coaches up the young bucks.

24 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Everyone acted like burfict was going to be a cancer but it seems like he’s another guy that comes to work and coaches up the young bucks.

Right? He's never been a real cancer. Sure he is dirty and over aggresive on the field, but in the locker room he's pretty much another coach. In fact PG mentioned he'd love to have Burfict on his staff someday. 

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

And more...

I really like Waller and see the weapon he can be but I am not that impressed by what he did this game.  He did nothing wrong but when you remember that 8 of his catches came in the 4th and we were down by at least 24 points lets you know the Vikings where conceding the underneath passes.  We where down 21 by the time he got his first catch.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I really like Waller and see the weapon he can be but I am not that impressed by what he did this game.  He did nothing wrong but when you remember that 8 of his catches came in the 4th and we were down by at least 24 points lets you know the Vikings where conceding the underneath passes.  We where down 21 by the time he got his first catch.  

Don't poke holes in the only highlight player of the season lol.

But you are 100% correct. He was dunk to Carr's dink the entire 4th quarter.