Player Appreciation Thread

RaidersAreOne

On 22/10/2019 at 3:44 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Just so good (audio NSFW):

I am very happy to say I was quite wrong about Jacobs, he looks every inch the franchise RB that a 1st round RB should be.

Kind of reminds me of Marshawn Lynch a little on a couple of those runs with his contact balance and power. I hope they continue to expand his role in the passing game as they seem to have been doing a little lately.

On 24/10/2019 at 6:55 AM, drfrey13 said:

Josh Allen looking pretty good.  Is Ferrell on the chart?  Looking at that can we sign Clowney and Quinn next year?

Really gutting to see Quinn playing so well after having been traded for a lowly 5th I believe, I really wanted us to make a move for him in the off season as it was such an obvious move for a team with so little pass rush, especially if we were planning to draft a DE high too that could have learned alongside him. 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Really gutting to see Quinn playing so well after having been traded for a lowly 5th I believe, I really wanted us to make a move for him in the off season as it was such an obvious move for a team with so little pass rush, especially if we were planning to draft a DE high too that could have learned alongside him. 

I know he is not our every down DE but Mayowa was a good pickup.  His numbers are close to Quinn's.  Crosby, Quinn, and Mayowa would look nice together.  Now we need to be patient with Ferrell and hope he develops.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

My goodness that run against Green Bay still drops my jaw. I feel his vision is on par with any RB I've ever seen. And his aggressiveness and body power are just deadly for yards after contact.

I'll fully admit I didn't respect Jacobs enough during the draft. He was my RB1, by far, but I had an Early 2nd Round grade on him. Mostly due to his lack of long speed, but his vision is literally A+ to the point he doesn't really need it. He definitely deserved a Top 15 grade.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

My goodness that run against Green Bay still drops my jaw. I feel his vision is on par with any RB I've ever seen. And his aggressiveness and body power are just deadly for yards after contact.

I'll fully admit I didn't respect Jacobs enough during the draft. He was my RB1, by far, but I had an Early 2nd Round grade on him. Mostly due to his lack of long speed, but his vision is literally A+ to the point he doesn't really need it. He definitely deserved a Top 15 grade.

Best thing is that if his game is truly based around vision, and by the looks of his runs and the mental choices he is making it is, that's a long term skill that won't run out. Meaning this isn't just a rookie "there's no film on him, so he's having a great brief run" hot streak. Or based entirely around superior athletics. Guys toss around the phrase "10 year player" like it's candy, without thinking. But he really could be a fixture for us for some time. It's about time we drafted a genuine star outside of the top half of the first. 

Edited by holyghost
  • Like 1

Who needs receivers when you have a Top 5 RB, Top 3 OL, Top 3 FB, and a Top 3 TE Pair? Hit en with that 1 WR 1 RB 1 FB, 2 TE set all game baby!

Still fully on board with getting a WR in the draft and not totally serious about the above the comment, but we really can stay in running formation more so than any other team.