Player Appreciation Thread

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thought Joseph had a really good game despite the secondary generally struggling, made some tone setting hits early and a phenomenal play at the end to seal the win.

TBH I find it difficult to criticise the secondary too much as our pass rush is still pretty anaemic and on several occasions Stafford, who's a pretty good QB had 5 or 6 seconds to throw, almost impossible to cover for that long.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Thought Joseph had a really good game despite the secondary generally struggling, made some tone setting hits early and a phenomenal play at the end to seal the win.

TBH I find it difficult to criticise the secondary too much as our pass rush is still pretty anaemic and on several occasions Stafford, who's a pretty good QB had 5 or 6 seconds to throw, almost impossible to cover for that long.

Yeah that screenshot before you hit play says everything to me.  Front of Crosby(rookie), Hurst(2nd year), Hall(2nd year), Hankins, Ferrell(Rookie) and the trio we are calling LBs.

I can just imagine how much better that group will be by adding another pass rusher and 2 LBs to the mix.  When Whitehead is your 3rd or 4th best LB instead of your best.  When a true difference maker is on the dline, freeing up the others for more oppurtunities.

I know it looks bad now, but the foundation is there. Adding a Pass rusher, ILB, OLB, FS, and CB to this defense shouldn't be too difficult next offseason.

• Like 1

I do not know about everyone else but I really want to see Joseph and Abram playing together.  That first game was a tease of what could be.  If he is willing to take a reasonable contract we should resign him and keep him away from Travis Kelce.  Draft Simmons and then we do not need to worry about TEs.

Josh Jacobs is just one of those guys when you see him you know you're watching someone special. I'm watching the games the past couple weeks and it seems like every other play he finds a way to get 5 when most guys get no gain or tackled for a loss, or he busts out a 15 yard run that most guys get 5 out of. He's always making guys miss, running them over, finding a hole when nothing seemed to be there. My most common phrase this season to my girlfriend has been, he's so damn good.

I genuinely don't want to over hype him or overreact to a good first 8 games, but when I watch JJ run he's always doing something that leaves me impressed. He's not just a guy that gets what the line creates for him (dont get me wrong the OL is doing a fantastic job in their own rights) but even when the OL doesnt open up a huge hold Jacobs is finding a way to get 3-5 yards. He keeps us in front of the chains consistently. And he's yet to have a bad game. I truly think his ability out of the backfield is the main reason we are 4-4 currently. It effects so much when you're consistently 2nd and 5 instead of 2nd and 8. He makes the QBs job easier, the wideouts jobs easier, it's a total trickle down effect. And the most exciting thing is as good as he's been theres still plenty to improve on in every phase of the game and he hasn't even really gotten into the passing game much and I think he has the ability long term to be a guy that catches a bunch of passes and makes a huge impact in that area as well. 

I've held off so far because it goes against how I usually operate, but I'm super close to getting a Jacobs jersey. It's crazy to me that he didn't get a heck of a lot more work at Alabama. 

• Like 2

Jon Gruden, Derek Carr, Josh Jacobs, Darren Waller, Rodney Hudson, Trent Brown are having Pro Bowl seasons. 

Richie Incognito, Kolton Miller, Tyrell Williams are having terrific seasons. 

Morrow is having a solid campaign that has been way better than expected. 

Mullen is having a terrific rookie showing so far, might finally have a real CB. 

Moreau is having a solid rookie campaign where he is a legit TE to mix in two TE sets, also clutch, and already one of the best run blocking TEs in the league. Huge upgrade to Smith. 

Maxx Crosby looks like a gamer. At a bare minimum, he’ll be an amazing rotational rusher. 

Ferrell showed lots of life the past game. That’s... good???

Abram looked like a real tone setter during the Denver game. 

We have two 1sts and three 3rds. 

Raider Nation baby. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Jon Gruden, Derek Carr, Josh Jacobs, Darren Waller, Rodney Hudson, Trent Brown are having Pro Bowl seasons. 

Richie Incognito, Kolton Miller, Tyrell Williams are having terrific seasons. 

Morrow is having a solid campaign that has been way better than expected. 

Mullen is having a terrific rookie showing so far, might finally have a real CB. 

Moreau is having a solid rookie campaign where he is a legit TE to mix in two TE sets, also clutch, and already one of the best run blocking TEs in the league. Huge upgrade to Smith. 

Maxx Crosby looks like a gamer. At a bare minimum, he’ll be an amazing rotational rusher. 

Ferrell showed lots of life the past game. That’s... good???

Abram looked like a real tone setter during the Denver game. 

We have two 1sts and three 3rds. 

Raider Nation baby. 

Imo the best part is that outside of Incognito all decent players on our roster should be at their current level of play in the next 3 seasons and a bunch of them still have upside.

10 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I know this is a players appreciation thread but we got to get some love to Gruden.

If the Raiders make the playoffs he will be coach of the year, hell if the Raiders win 9-10 games he should.

I agree for the Raiders to be playing as well as they have especially with how the season started with the AB stuff, it’s impressive what they’ve accomplished. 

• Like 2