Player Appreciation Thread

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Jon Gruden, Derek Carr, Josh Jacobs, Darren Waller, Rodney Hudson, Trent Brown are having Pro Bowl seasons. 

Richie Incognito, Kolton Miller, Tyrell Williams are having terrific seasons. 

Morrow is having a solid campaign that has been way better than expected. 

Mullen is having a terrific rookie showing so far, might finally have a real CB. 

Moreau is having a solid rookie campaign where he is a legit TE to mix in two TE sets, also clutch, and already one of the best run blocking TEs in the league. Huge upgrade to Smith. 

Maxx Crosby looks like a gamer. At a bare minimum, he’ll be an amazing rotational rusher. 

Ferrell showed lots of life the past game. That’s... good???

Abram looked like a real tone setter during the Denver game. 

We have two 1sts and three 3rds. 

Raider Nation baby. 

As someone else posted, getting Abram back is like having three 1sts.

• Like 1

Carr has rejuvenated his career with this Line and being the second year in Grudens system. He deserves all the praise he is getting. And I’m personally quite happy it’s looking like we don’t have to blow a 1st on a QB. 

I’d like to see Carr do it for the entire season though. And against some Top Defenses, not the Lions 32nd and Texans 29th Pass D’s. Also getting a win @KC with Carr leading the way to the victory would probably end my doubts about him once and for all. 

A stat you are missing is Carr is actually 2nd in DVOA this year behind Wilson. Some people live and swear by that DVOA stat. 

Edited by BayRaider

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Jon Gruden, Derek Carr, Josh Jacobs, Darren Waller, Rodney Hudson, Trent Brown are having Pro Bowl seasons. 

Richie Incognito, Kolton Miller, Tyrell Williams are having terrific seasons. 

Richie is arguably the best signing the Raiders made outside Trent. He's playing at an all-pro level and a big reason why Kolton is growing

Morrow is having a solid campaign that has been way better than expected. 

Splash play here or there, but I don't see it. Still a liability in coverage and a backup caliber player

Mullen is having a terrific rookie showing so far, might finally have a real CB. 

lol... he's hardly played. Why are we so eager to crown players around here?

Moreau is having a solid rookie campaign where he is a legit TE to mix in two TE sets, also clutch, and already one of the best run blocking TEs in the league. Huge upgrade to Smith. 

Maxx Crosby looks like a gamer. At a bare minimum, he’ll be an amazing rotational rusher.

Love the potential with both these players. Crosby is a pleasant surprise. He really came on quick. Just hope he ascends and doesn't plateau 

Ferrell showed lots of life the past game. That’s... good???

Year 2 is going to be big for him. He's young, he'll get better.

Abram looked like a real tone setter during the Denver game. 

I wanted to see him in coverage. We all knew he could lay the wood.

We have two 1sts and three 3rds. 

Raider Nation baby. 

And the Bears pick looks better each week. Go Lions! 

10 hours ago, Roninho said:

Imo the best part is that outside of Incognito all decent players on our roster should be at their current level of play in the next 3 seasons and a bunch of them still have upside.

shoot even Incognito can be around for a couple more years. hes young for his age, if that makes sense. Hes missed a lot of time due to his issues.

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Carr has rejuvenated his career with this Line and being the second year in Grudens system. He deserves all the praise he is getting. And I’m personally quite happy it’s looking like we don’t have to blow a 1st on a QB. 

I’d like to see Carr do it for the entire season though. And against some Top Defenses, not the Lions 32nd and Texans 29th Pass D’s. Also getting a win @KC with Carr leading the way to the victory would probably end my doubts about him once and for all. 

A stat you are missing is Carr is actually 2nd in DVOA this year behind Wilson. Some people live and swear by that DVOA stat. 

What is DVOA? I hear that thrown around like QBR (which isn’t the same as the QB rating) and i don’t know the difference. 

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ll never watch PFF again. They said our Line was ok and not that great, like nothing close to Top 5 or even Top 10. They are terrible. This is a Top 3 Offensive Line in the league without question. 

I think a lot of their stuff is super interesting but a lot of their stuff is definitely flawed.

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think a lot of their stuff is super interesting but a lot of their stuff is definitely flawed.

What BP said all along is true, they don’t watch tape. They take stats and make formulas. 

There is no way this line is not Top 10. They’ve shut out Mack, Von, Chubb, and have hardly allowed any pressure all season. Carr leads the league in effective deep step drop backs because he has all day. 

PFF is especially trash since Colinsworth bought it and is trying to recoup his money with all the Western and Southern stuff everywhere. 

PFF has turned into a for profit business that doesn’t care about being accurate anymore. They are the definition of University of Phoenix. Or Madden. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 3