Player Appreciation Thread

RaidersAreOne

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think Gabe came back to soon from injury. He's not looked right since he came back.

That was my one caveat to Gabes getting released.  If he is playing injured, then he gets a pass.  If this is the new post injury Gabe, we can fill that role cheaper.   

• Like 2

Congrats to Darren Waller on getting 1,000 yards receiving. Truly a remarkable accomplishment because how Gruden ignores him at times. 

Only the second TE in franchise history to get a 1,000 yards in a season. Cannot wait to see him next year. Hopefully used more in the red zone. Thanks Greg Olson for finding this talent. 

• Like 5

Waller is the freaking man. What a find by Gruden and the team. Not re-signing Cook and trusting a player with Waller's inexperience/past issues was a ballsy move but it sure has paid off well. Not to mention locking him up to a good contract too already. 

We are going to have one of the better TE duos for a long time imo.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Lol at them making it seem like 23 snaps is a lot. This seems questionable.

Bit of a strange one that he is playing so little. I thought he looked decent on Sunday and has played to a reasonable level when I've zoned in on him. Certainly not beating any worlds, but looking improved.

Is he being protected this year with one eye on the off season? Or is it just that the coaches so no pass rush in him whatsoever at this stage and purely see him as a run defender?

Edited by reddevil

On 12/11/2019 at 8:26 AM, Totty said:

That was my one caveat to Gabes getting released.  If he is playing injured, then he gets a pass.  If this is the new post injury Gabe, we can fill that role cheaper.   

Only way I am moving on from Gabe is if we sign scherff. 

Maxx Crosby with 8.5 sacks. 3rd in sacks by rookies with Bosa and Allen ahead of him. He truly had an amazing season. He’s not the most physically gifted, but he plays every down like it’s his last. Raiders just need to find a pass rusher to play opposite of him on third down.