Player Appreciation Thread

RaidersAreOne

The thing that concerns me about Waller is his low Yards Per Reception. Not his fault, no, but you guys are way over valuing catches and yards stats. Carr is just feeding him pointless receptions that don't mean anything. Which is why I didn't mention Waller yet. We probably won't know if he is a true TE1 as long as Carr is the QB.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The thing that concerns me about Waller is his low Yards Per Reception. Not his fault, no, but you guys are way over valuing catches and yards stats. Carr is just feeding him pointless receptions that don't mean anything. Which is why I didn't mention Waller yet. We probably won't know if he is a true TE1 as long as Carr is the QB.

He is in fantasy football.   8 catches in the 4th during garbage time does not impress me.

• Like 1

I appreciate every player who is on this team and for trying to stay focused with all the AB drama. So glad the Pats had him after us or our guys would still get questions. I appreciate they will try harder than my 4-12 belief, even if we’re ready to tar and feather everything and everyone who doesn’t perform on every single play. I appreciate the former players who come around and remember what it’s like to have been a Raider. I appreciate Gruden (even if I think he’s the problem) for what he did with us before and what he hopes to accomplish with our future. I appreciate a fan base that can drive each other NUTZ but all because we want the best team possible and we just have different beliefs of how to make it so...

I appreciate me being positive even if it’s only for one post. I app...(kidding) :P

3 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

26 catches on 29 targets impresses me though.

He is definitely a weapon and some of the catches he has made are exceptional but i am not going to act like the last game was some sort of break out game.  We were down 24 in the fourth with the Vikings conceding the middle of the field and the underneath routes.  We were moving the ball because the Vikings did not care as long as we ate up the clock.

53 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Once again, skewed because of garbage time. 

Not saying Waller hasn’t done a great job but people are trying to claim he’s our answer and 100% proven TE1. He hasn’t proven that yet. He’s getting huge chunks of garbage yards which explains the yards after reception. His overall receptions are 3 yard passes from Carr. His Yards Per Reception is extremely low even for a TE. 

The point is, yeah, give Waller some praise but don’t get carried away. He has no where close to proven he is a TE1 yet and still has a ton of things to work on. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Once again, skewed because of garbage time. 

Not saying Waller hasn’t done a great job but people are trying to claim he’s our answer and 100% proven TE1. He hasn’t proven that yet. He’s getting huge chunks of garbage yards which explains the yards after reception. His overall receptions are 3 yard passes from Carr. His Yards Per Reception is extremely low even for a TE. 

The point is, yeah, give Waller some praise but don’t get carried away. He has no where close to proven he is a TE1 yet and still has a ton of things to work on. 

Did he steal your lunch money or something?

I'm not going to say he's a top tier guy yet, but for as raw as he is he has been doing a great job so far. You keep talking about garbage time because of last week, but it wasn't garbage time week 1. Each game is going to be different and you can't look at it in a vacuum.