Player Appreciation Thread

RaidersAreOne

I'd like to mention Nicholas Morrow, after Burfict went down Morrow stepped in full time and we haven't really missed a beat. Played really well against the Bears and is our best cover Lb by a country mile. Nice to see him get some recognition at last, he's going to be a very good player. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'd like to mention Nicholas Morrow, after Burfict went down Morrow stepped in full time and we haven't really missed a beat. Played really well against the Bears and is our best cover Lb by a country mile. Nice to see him get some recognition at last, he's going to be a very good player. 

Should be noted here, Whitehead went to the middle and Marrow to the his spot. 

It's only been 1 game, but they looked against a BAD offense. Let's not forget that. The Bears offense is garbage. GB and Houston pose different challenges. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's only been 1 game, but they looked against a BAD offense. Let's not forget that. The Bears offense is garbage. GB and Houston pose different challenges. 

I'm not saying Morrow is great or even a sure starter but he's played decently well this season and I think its fair to say it. Believe it or not, you're allowed to be a fan sometimes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I'm not saying Morrow is great or even a sure starter but he's played decently well this season and I think its fair to say it. Believe it or not, you're allowed to be a fan sometimes.

He has played well. I like Marrow. Just tempering the expectations. I read to much twitter Raider news and you'd think Marrow is the next Zach Thomas in those circles. Raider fans are quick to crown guys who flash.

30 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He has played well. I like Marrow. Just tempering the expectations. I read to much twitter Raider news and you'd think Marrow is the next Zach Thomas in those circles. Raider fans are quick to crown guys who flash.

Yeah but flash implies a few good snaps. He's been all over the field in coverage and the pick just capped it off. I've been impressed by him since he's gotten snaps this year.

Good LB's are hard to come by in the NFL so if morrow can even be decent as a coverage backer, he's a true find.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

To be fair, I’ve been keen on Morrow for a while (from last season) as he was our best coverage linebacker then too. A few guys have been high on him and I think it’s due to him showing flashes and playing well when given the chance not any kind of bandwagon thing. Guy deserves his due, he’s a good player though he still has lots to improve on.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, big_palooka said:

Whitehead looked a lot better in the middle and Morrow's speed made a huge difference on the outside. I know it was only one game but it was so nice to have LB's that can run. 

I'm starting to love Foster Moreau and Alec Ingold. I didn't really have expectations for either guy coming into the season but they've both played a key role in our last two wins. It's clear that our identity is going to be a smash-mouth, running football team. Ingold and Moreau are both very good blockers and have that nastiness you need in a smash-mouth offense. Mike Mayock is already paying dividends with pickups like these. It's not always about superstar players, having good role players that fit the system can also make a huge difference as we're seeing with these two guys. 

• Like 5

Morrow was good against the Bears. He played fast and reacted fast. The way he read the QBs eyes on the INT he got was impressive. Something we haven’t seen from a Raiders LB since Morrison and Howard. Always good to see a undrafted  player make a impact on a team. 

I was excited when Moreau was drafted because I seen him play a lot at LSU and saw the receiving ability he had with the limited action he got. Also knew that would be the end of the Lee Smith era in Oakland. Which Lee Smith was vastly overrated by fans. He was awesome his first year and wasn’t the same player after.

Edited by agarcia34

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm starting to love Foster Moreau and Alec Ingold. I didn't really have expectations for either guy coming into the season but they've both played a key role in our last two wins. It's clear that our identity is going to be a smash-mouth, running football team. Ingold and Moreau are both very good blockers and have that nastiness you need in a smash-mouth offense. Mike Mayock is already paying dividends with pickups like these. It's not always about superstar players, having good role players that fit the system can also make a huge difference as we're seeing with these two guys. 

I liked Moreau in the middle of the draft but knew nothing about Ingold though.  Both are quickly growing on me and I loved the Ingold block on Jacobs 2nd TD.  If Moreau keeps developing him and Waller will make an amazing TE combo.  If Renfrow can start to hang on to the ball and we add another good WR we are set as far as O weapons are concerned.

• Like 1