Player Appreciation Thread

RaidersAreOne

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching some games from the past season and it’s amazing how good Josh Jacobs was. While he doesn’t have elite speed. His vision and ability to stick his foot in the ground and change directions is so good. Great burst and great balance. Looking forward to Jacobs in 2020 with less people in the box to tackle him. 

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I was watching some games from the past season and it’s amazing how good Josh Jacobs was. While he doesn’t have elite speed. His vision and ability to stick his foot in the ground and change directions is so good. Great burst and great balance. Looking forward to Jacobs in 2020 with less people in the box to tackle him. 

His game should age very well too. Just hope he doesn't break anything trucking fools over again.

15 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

He's 30 I would say that he should have no problem playing out his contract at a high level. Should retire a Raider and go down with some of the greats the Raiders have had on the oline. 

He'll be 31 in a couple months though. I see another year or two of high play. The bold is true and we are lucky to have so many Raider greats on the O-line.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He'll be 31 in a couple months though. I see another year or two of high play. The bold is true and we are lucky to have so many Raider greats on the O-line.

Great interior OL can play through their mid 30s easily. 

I think Hudson can play until he's 34-35 at a good level. Maybe not quite as high as what he's playing at rn, but pretty damn well. 

On 5/6/2020 at 12:02 PM, agarcia34 said:

yeah, he has the vision, patience, instincts, etc. pure speed has never been a pre-requisite to be a great running back (doesnt hurt, obviously). priest holmes was a 4.7 guy. leveon bell ran a 4.6. gore ran 4.58. just depends on what your running style is. jacobs does just fine.