Player Appreciation Thread

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He'll be 31 in a couple months though. I see another year or two of high play. The bold is true and we are lucky to have so many Raider greats on the O-line.

I can see him being dominant for another 2-3 years and then probably another 2 years of decent to good play. Interior lineman have been known to play well into their mid to late 30's at a relatively high level. 

Rodney is one of our best free agent signings ever, certainly the best of the past 10-15 years IMO. I put Jacobs down as our best player in the thread in NFL general, but I said an argument could easily be made for Hudson. He's just downright elite, and has been a big reason why our OL has been pretty dang good since around 2015ish. Center's get overlooked a lot, but having one makes the entire lines job easier making sure they are on the same page and making the right checks and audibles at the line. 

I'm glad we have Hudson and I hope he retires as a Raider for sure. Be even better if we could find a way to get him a ring before he goes or at the very least a couple deep playoff pushes. A guy that good deserves to play in games that really matter. 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 6:04 PM, SilverNBlackFan said:

Already the 2nd best player on our team behind Rodney Hudson. Stud.

I just posted the PFF video on my Facebook saying how underrated JJ is and that he should have won ROTY. I hope he can stay healthy and we can keep him fresh with a consistent secondary rusher capable of being productive for a handful of snaps each week. If we can I truly believe Jacobs will insert himself into the elite RB's in the NFL conversation. When you watch him play its so easy to see just how naturally talented he is. Big, strong, super powerful, great wiggle for a guy that isn't scat back size, fantastic vision, always falls forward, capable of winning on inside gives and getting to the outside and gashing teams. And although he was under used in this area and had a couple concentration drops he has nice, soft hands. I expect us to make it a real effort to get the ball in his hands more in the passing game this season. Overall I just expect a fantastic, highly productive year. I see the vision for this offense and it seems obvious they want to build it around Jacobs (a great idea to try and slow down the Chiefs high powered offense and a weakness to the running game), with explosive big play wideouts that can score fast, with Waller being the reliable, consistent force over the middle. I can see Jacobs having 1300ish yards, 10 TD'S, and average around 4.7 a carry. Plus I think his biggest improvement will be in the passing game where I can see him catch 40-50 balls. 

Jacobs is probably who I am most excited to see this year and in recent memory in general, and one of the few I have/had the most confidence in playing at a super high level over the past 10-15 years.

• Like 1

On 15/05/2020 at 1:15 AM, Mr Raider said:

Rodney is one of our best free agent signings ever, certainly the best of the past 10-15 years IMO. I put Jacobs down as our best player in the thread in NFL general, but I said an argument could easily be made for Hudson. He's just downright elite, and has been a big reason why our OL has been pretty dang good since around 2015ish. Center's get overlooked a lot, but having one makes the entire lines job easier making sure they are on the same page and making the right checks and audibles at the line. 

I'm glad we have Hudson and I hope he retires as a Raider for sure. Be even better if we could find a way to get him a ring before he goes or at the very least a couple deep playoff pushes. A guy that good deserves to play in games that really matter. 

Quite, Hudson has been the most consistent player we've had of modern times. Centre, as you say is very much underrated, the type of position you only notice when you dont gave a good one. Little Wiz was ok but the difference to Hudson has been huge, just never have to worry about the calls, the snaps are always accurate and on time and we spot and adjust well to blitzes. Hudson might just be the most underrated player in the league........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Quite, Hudson has been the most consistent player we've had of modern times. Centre, as you say is very much underrated, the type of position you only notice when you dont gave a good one. Little Wiz was ok but the difference to Hudson has been huge, just never have to worry about the calls, the snaps are always accurate and on time and we spot and adjust well to blitzes. Hudson might just be the most underrated player in the league........

He has been a stud for us and a player to build around on the Oline.  He is now getting up there in age and hopefully we can get two or three more productive seasons from him.  I don't think there is a question that Hudson has been the best FA signing we have made in the last decade.  

Sure we paid a lot for him but if you're going to pay a lot for a player he better produce at a high level YOY.  Hudson has been one of the best every season he has played here so the signing was good even considering the lofty price tag. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Would have been nice if the team understood you need a player like that on the defensive side also to wear the green dot.  I wonder how many times in the past 15-18 years we have had the same player out there making the defensive calls in back to back years.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Would have been nice if the team understood you need a player like that on the defensive side also to wear the green dot.  I wonder how many times in the past 15-18 years we have had the same player out there making the defensive calls in back to back years.

I can not remember the last time we had a quality MLB and a field general.  I sure hope Kwit can be that guy because we need stability in the middle of our LB corp. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I can not remember the last time we had a quality MLB and a field general.  I sure hope Kwit can be that guy because we need stability in the middle of our LB corp. 

Burfict is slow but for the short time he was on the field we finally got a taste of what it is like to have a MLB that understood the defense.  Our defense was not great but was a very large step forward from previous years.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Burfict is slow but for the short time he was on the field we finally got a taste of what it is like to have a MLB that understood the defense.  Our defense was not great but was a very large step forward from previous years.  

Sure, I liked Burfict and has been our best MLB in years but we all knew he was a ticking time bomb with the concussions and suspensions.  It's hard to count on a guy who has a 50 percent chance on taking the field from one week to the next.  We only got a few games out of him so I would hardly count him. 

We have had nothing but bums man the MLB position for may years but that is not much different than any other position on our D...

24 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Sure, I liked Burfict and has been our best MLB in years but we all knew he was a ticking time bomb with the concussions and suspensions.  It's hard to count on a guy who has a 50 percent chance on taking the field from one week to the next.  We only got a few games out of him so I would hardly count him. 

We have had nothing but bums man the MLB position for may years but that is not much different than any other position on our D...

Totally agree but I was using Burfict as an example because he had run Guenther's defense already so it was like having a player for a couple years already.  Guenther I believe even said Burfict was the smartest player he had ever coached.