Player Appreciation Thread

RaidersAreOne

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

Top 10 OT Pass Block Win Rate

1. Mike McGlinchey, 49ers, 98%
2. Tytus Howard, Texans, 96%
3. La'el Collins, Cowboys, 95%
4. David Bakhtiari, Packers, 94%
5. Kelvin Beachum, Jets, 94%
6. Trent Brown, Raiders, 94%
7. Tyron Smith, Cowboys, 92%
8. Ty Nsekhe, Bills, 92%
9. Alejandro Villanueva, Steelers, 92%
10. Dion Dawkins, Bills, 92%

Top 10 C Pass Block Win Rate

1. Corey Linsley, Packers, 98%
2. Rodney Hudson, Raiders, 97%
3. JC Tretter, Browns, 97%
4. Mike Pouncey, Chargers, 97%
5. Ryan Jensen, Buccaneers, 96%
6. A.Q. Shipley, Cardinals, 96%
7. Weston Richburg, 49ers, 96%
8. Brandon Linder, Jaguars, 95%
9. Mitch Morse, Bills, 95%
10. Austin Reiter, Chiefs, 94%

Top 10 team Pass Block Win Rate

1. Dallas Cowboys, 66%
2. Buffalo Bills, 65%
3. Los Angeles Chargers, 65%
4. Green Bay Packers, 64%
5. Cleveland Browns, 64%
6. Oakland Raiders, 63%
7. Indianapolis Colts, 63%
8. Houston Texans, 61%
9. Chicago Bears, 60%
10. Baltimore Ravens, 60%

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Or we could have not drafted Parker, traded for a 2nd this year, taken White, selected Mclaurin in the 2nd, not traded for AB, and selected Winovich in the 3rd.  Could have had 3 of the top ten rookies.  It is a long shot but I did not want Parker or AB but I did want Winovich and White who would be on this list without the injury.  So many different way we could have gone and there are a lot of posters here that were pounding the table for these players.  I am also sure that Abram is on this list if he does not get hurt.

I think back to 2015/16 drafts. Big Cat and Cooper. I liked both but wanted Cooper. Had we selected Williams, then we wouldn’t take Ward in 2016. In Wards place maybe WR Michael Thomas. I was screaming trade up for Tunsil once he slipped outside of 10. Can’t change the past but I do know that Mayock hit a lot better than most GM’s so I’ve got hope with him here balancing Gruden. Need attention to the D and Gruden loves O so... lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G said:

I think back to 2015/16 drafts. Big Cat and Cooper. I liked both but wanted Cooper. Had we selected Williams, then we wouldn’t take Ward in 2016. In Wards place maybe WR Michael Thomas. I was screaming trade up for Tunsil once he slipped outside of 10. Can’t change the past but I do know that Mayock hit a lot better than most GM’s so I’ve got hope with him here balancing Gruden. Need attention to the D and Gruden loves O so... lol

I think Mayock will be fine.  My only complaint so far with him is being too conservative.  It is his first year so I understand but this was a good year to swing for the fences.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I appreciate our running game so much. Jacobs is a beast, we have one gem of a blocker at FB in Ingold, our o-line is mauling people every week and even our TE's are opening up lanes. 

I love Ingold. The leaping block in front of Jacobs leap at the goal line for the winning TD against the Bears was so cool to watch. Is there any other fullback in the league that would do that? RAO posted the video in the post game Bears thread. Enjoy it.

Edited by SBXISBXVSBXVIII
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I love Ingold. The leaping block in front of Jacobs leap at the goal line for the winning TD against the Bears was so cool to watch. Is there any other fullback in the league that would do that? RAO posted the video in the post game Bears thread. Enjoy it.

That cleanup block on Hicks was awesome to watch to. Drove him back 10 yards. I love Ingold and they've not really got him started as a runner or pass catcher which he is capable of.

7 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:
That's 1st rd pick Roquan Smith getting worked!

I was SO pissed when the Bears took Smith as we were rumored to be after him. Especially considering we were "stuck" with Miller. Fast forward to today where Smith is having some personal issues and Miller has played rather incredibly at a far more difficult position.

Goes to show we can't crown wins or loses of the draft for like 3+ years.

I actually like Moreau more than Waller. Moreau is already one of the best blocking TEs in the league IMO. And he keeps getting better as a receiver. Waller is the best route runner and much faster but Moreau is much better catching in traffic. He definitely has a lot of potential in the receiving game. 

Any love for Kolton Miller in this thread? Might be the first player in a while the Raider FO is right about and the fans are wrong about :ph34r: we all hated Kolton. 

He’s ballin. Hope he keeps developing into a franchise tackle. 

Kolton and Trent is the most dominant duo in the league. Von/Chubb shut out and then Mack shut out, are you freaking kidding me? 

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Any love for Kolton Miller in this thread? Might be the first player in a while the Raider FO is right about and the fans are wrong about :ph34r: we all hated Kolton

Kolton and Trent is the most dominant duo in the league. Von/Chubb shut out and then Mack shut out, are you freaking kidding me? 

Not true. I loved the pick. I might have been the only one though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Any love for Kolton Miller in this thread? Might be the first player in a while the Raider FO is right about and the fans are wrong about :ph34r: we all hated Kolton. 

Some were harsh on him (I was), but I think it was widely acknowledged that he was a project who probably shouldn't have been out there as much as he was, as he clearly wasn't ready - which I'd hope most of us realized wasn't his fault.

But yeah, he's been really good this season, and hopefully he continues to grow. Helps that he's got a good line around him this year as well.