Is Aaron Rodgers still good as a pre-snap QB?

AlexGreen#20

19 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So what you're saying is, you don't want anybody to criticize Rodgers under any circumstances?

Message received. 

Here's 2 plays later:

HAUuyZP.gif

Throwing an absolute scrub tier ball on third down

I have some questions about this play. He feels pressure on the right and moves to the left. This causes him to lose his base and then he tries to throw a ball straight/slightly to the right while moving left. If he had stayed put would the ball have been stripped? Why does he drop back slightly right? Does the ball come out a tick late? 

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So what you're saying is, you don't want anybody to criticize Rodgers under any circumstances?

Message received. 

Here's 2 plays later:

HAUuyZP.gif

Nope, that's not what I said.

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Message received. 

Here's 2 plays later:

HAUuyZP.gif

Nope, didn't say one thing about not laying into Rodgers.  Just said I'd still rather have Rodgers being our Qb than not.  You knock yourself out coaching him out of his bad habits and I'm all for it.  Can't hurt and you'll feel better.  

1 minute ago, deathstar said:

I have some questions about this play. He feels pressure on the right and moves to the left. This causes him to lose his base and then he tries to throw a ball straight/slightly to the right while moving left. If he had stayed put would the ball have been stripped? Why does he drop back slightly right? Does the ball come out a tick late? 

No, pressure didn't affect this throw at all.

This is how he throws every ball nowadays. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

jaop2WC.png

This was a throw away!

If you're not willing to throw this ball to either Adams or MVS, why are you calling this play? Are you expecting for this to somehow get more open?

Screenshots do not do this play justice.  MVS runs a great route and is wide open, but Rodgers is unable to step up because the rusher to his right comes free immediately after this is taken and he has no chance to make that throw.  I think Jimmy inexplicably goes up field here when he should have come back to Rodgers.

Now I know you are being disingenuous.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, pressure didn't affect this throw at all.

This is how he throws every ball nowadays. 

I think it's hard to argue that he moved left away from a defender swiping at the ball for no reason. The throw being late would be my bigger concern than that, though. If it were earlier the pressure wouldn't have mattered. 

Just now, mikebpackfan said:

Screenshots do not do this play justice.  MVS runs a great route and is wide open, but Rodgers is unable to step up because the rusher to his right comes free immediately after this is taken and he has no chance to make that throw.  I think Jimmy inexplicably goes up field here when he should have come back to Rodgers.

Now I know you are being disingenuous.

Why is he staring down Adams instead of seeing MVS wide open? Why did he watch this insane seven cut route from Adams from the entire way.

This is a serious challenge that I'm going to put out to anybody. Find me 3 plays of Rodgers coming off his first receiver that aren't from pressure in this game.

1 minute ago, deathstar said:

I think it's hard to argue that he moved left away from a defender swiping at the ball for no reason. The throw being late would be my bigger concern than that, though. If it were earlier the pressure wouldn't have mattered. 

He throws, every ball like that. I don't even know if he was aware of the pressure. 

@AlexGreen#20 Another late thought on the first play in question. Would it have been an illegal formation without the motion ?? Talking about the WR on that side - both sides actually. I believe it would have been

I still can't imagine there's an audible for that. Would have had to kill the play and audible to a new one. Too many of those in this game 

Edited by cannondale