Scalamania's updated (11/21) 2020 Mock Draft (3 rounds)

Scalamania

17 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Listening to STF, they had mentioned that Thomas could wind up getting the Jonah Williams treatment due to his arm length. What would you do with Williams and Thomas, assuming that's the pick?

Never understood that arm length issue with Jonah Williams ? His arms are longer than Andre Dillard's ones though nobody talked about such an issue with Dillard.

No complaints about the position for San Francisco.

Personally I would however prefer the other Trey, Trey Smith because he would slide right in and start at guard.

I see Trey Adams as a strickt LT prospect, not one that would make the transition inside easy.

Joe Staley does have some gas left in the tank, but it makes sense to get his heir in 2020.

On 9/24/2019 at 8:06 PM, Scalamania said:

ROUND 2
3    Pittsburgh Steelers    Kristian Fulton, CB, Louisiana State University

Haden and Nelson are under contract next year, I think Hilton is a RFA, and we just drafted Justin Layne.

Meanwhile Dupree is a best and expiring, Chickillo should be a cut candidate, and it would leave an UDFA who's been used very little and TJ Watt as our OLB's.  I think it's more likely we would take EDGE or possibly move up a little into the late 1st for an EDGE to get the 5th year option.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 1:09 PM, Ajayii said:

No thanks to Jeudy. While I'd love a legit #1 WR, the main objection should be to protect your franchise QB.

1. Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

4. Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

If we made the mistake of drafting Tua 1st, drafting Andrew Thomas would be the wrong pick again. Thomas is a LT. We would need to look at Wirfs as a better selection as he is a RT. To protect a lefty's blindside.

I'm still pounding the table to go all OL in the first and forget the QB in the 1st round this year (look to possibly Jordan Love - if you just HAD TO HAVE ONE THIS YEAR!), we've not had an effective (in any way) OL in eons. And it really won't matter what QB you draft, they'll all just run for their lives and we STILL won't have an OL to work with!

To me, I would look to (using this pick order in the first round, if the stars aligned).... Thomas/LT, Wirfs/RT and if we were LUCKY.... Biadasz/C (if not avail - maybe look at Darryl Williams). I think with the 2nd round we could still get Swift. But, I think if we were able to grab those 3 Offensive linemen to pair with Dieter/LG and Davis/RG....we could finally start looking to have a line that would be there for many years - and you could almost put Marino back in a uniform at that point. LOL! j/k....ish. But, who's to know what we have in ANY QB if they are just running or under duress the whole time.

Edited by Shashiaj70

1 hour ago, Shashiaj70 said:

If we made the mistake of drafting Tua 1st, drafting Andrew Thomas would be the wrong pick again. Thomas is a LT. We would need to look at Wirfs as a better selection as he is a RT. To protect a lefty's blindside.

I'm still pounding the table to go all OL in the first and forget the QB in the 1st round this year (look to possibly Jordan Love - if you just HAD TO HAVE ONE THIS YEAR!), we've not had an effective (in any way) OL in eons. And it really won't matter what QB you draft, they'll all just run for their lives and we STILL won't have an OL to work with!

To me, I would look to (using this pick order in the first round, if the stars aligned).... Thomas/LT, Wirfs/RT and if we were LUCKY.... Biadasz/C (if not avail - maybe look at Darryl Williams). I think with the 2nd round we could still get Swift. But, I think if we were able to grab those 3 Offensive linemen to pair with Dieter/LG and Davis/RG....we could finally start looking to have a line that would be there for many years - and you could almost put Marino back in a uniform at that point. LOL! j/k....ish. But, who's to know what we have in ANY QB if they are just running or under duress the whole time.

I can't remember where I've heard that but they said the same thing. While Wirfs would make sense, I think I'd still take Thomas as he's just better; Thomas is playing at a top 5 level while Wirfs isn't in my opinion. Thomas also played RT his freshman season. 

Love is my preference as well although I'm not sure if Ross or the fan-base will be patient enough for him to develop. We would have to RS him the way that KC did Mahomes in my opinion. I think we have to take Tua, or god forbid Herbert.

While we're rebuilding, we're also devoid of talent so I personally wouldn't go all OL in the 1st. I think you can get the same value of Swift in  Perine a round later. Sign two starters in free agency, RG Scherff and RT Williams, and continue to add depth in the draft. I'm not much of a fan throwing rookie tackles out there to protect the QB. I REALLY like Llyod Cushenberry from LSU. LT Thomas, LG Deiter, C Cushenberry, RG Scherff, and RT Williams. 

• 4 weeks later...