Another trade? Who's this new GM?

warfelg

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Imagine how good Dawson Knox could have been in our offense.

I like DJ dont get me wrong but TE was a need too.

No question he may have been a decent addition, however there’s still the issue of Fichtner being the Steelers OC. Not to mention how little he utilized the TE in the passing game last year and so far this year.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

so Vmac and grumble are out, so the only TE was samuels, and he might be in tomlins doghouse? This trade is starting to make sense, but will the team be better for not? I doubt it, but wait and see, I thought Vmac was a quality TE  when healthy and actually thrown the ball etc

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

What 2020 draft picks do we have left?  2, 4, 6, and 7?

I gave up caring. Not that I was hopeful of the draft with this regime anyways, but I don't think there is much left in the form of draft picks is there .  grumble and Vmac are out, so a trade makes sense , but why not put samuels out there too?

48 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

It's not "love". There is (was) a need for a #2 TE. He's not "trash". He's a solid #2 and better then Grimble (imo). It's that simple. 

And he wouldnt have cost a 5th round pick....for 1 year.

Again, I dont really care.   Too many other issues with this team, but its another meh move.

1 hour ago, Blitzburgh said:

What does our cap situation look like next with AB’s dead money falling off? Any chance we plan on spending in FA to offset the lack of draft capital?  

Our cap situation next year still wont be great...at least not enough to targeting any real difference makers.

Even if we did, I doubt we would.   They would probably just use the money to extend Bud Dupree and Javon Hargrave on contracts they arent worth.

They are counting on us getting a 3rd rd comp for Bell, and we will likely make a few moves like we did this year (Steven Nelson, Mark Barron, Donte Moncrief).