Another trade? Who's this new GM?

warfelg

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Our cap situation next year still wont be great...at least not enough to targeting any real difference makers.

Even if we did, I doubt we would.   They would probably just use the money to extend Bud Dupree and Javon Hargrave on contracts they arent worth.

They are counting on us getting a 3rd rd comp for Bell, and we will likely make a few moves like we did this year (Steven Nelson, Mark Barron, Donte Moncrief).

giphy.gif

It is somewhat amazing we paid Xavier Grimble 3 million this year to be a backup TE.  I don't know what on earth made them think that was a good idea when Vance is injured so frequently.  The safety and TE depth was so clearly an issue and they came to realize that too late.  Makes you question the front-office quite a bit

4 hours ago, Steelers22 said:

It is somewhat amazing we paid Xavier Grimble 3 million this year to be a backup TE.  I don't know what on earth made them think that was a good idea when Vance is injured so frequently.  The safety and TE depth was so clearly an issue and they came to realize that too late.  Makes you question the front-office quite a bit

the FO is too biased towards their own players, part of the reason these players get overpaid.  It's also a reason I am concerned they give dupree a 3 year deal for about $20M+ but let hargrave go since he will actually get a higher deal and is actually worth it in the right scheme which the steelers won't run anyways^_^

I have been questioning the FO for years, mainly due to having an excellent core, yet only need ing a few pieces and letting them pass by for some reason. Then add to them overpaying their own players which takes away potential UFA signings .  Colbert is too intent on making his draft picks work despite the fact they have proven over a few years that  they won't 9_9

It's just what we have to tolerate as a fan, like it or not. I find it taking away what bit of interest I have in them and the game. I can only watch a non steeler game if there is good hitting and somewhat of a rivalry. I watched the colts and titans game, and while they might not be praised for the offences, they really had solid defences and there was physicality out there, and they had to fight for every yard.  Steelers games have been lame in recent years, players jogging instead of running,  letting others make the tackles etc.   

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So apparently unless we cut Moncrief we most likely will not receive a comp pick for Bell because LJ Fort was cut today.

Moncrief should've been cut immediately after the Seattle game.  Dude hasn't shown he has any value at all.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Apparently because LJ Fort got cut we gained more than we lost and the only way to get back to good in terms of getting a comp pick is to cut Moncrief, which at this point I'm not opposed to anyway. 

I guess I don't understand the formula. In no way shape or form should LJ Frickin' Fort getting cut cancel out losing Bell. Not saying you're wrong but that's asinine. So yes. Cut Monquif now. 

Edited by Chieferific

16 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Apparently because LJ Fort got cut we gained more than we lost and the only way to get back to good in terms of getting a comp pick is to cut Moncrief, which at this point I'm not opposed to anyway. 

Colbert is an idiot though, so we will keep him the entire season, lose our comp pick, THEN cut him.

19 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Colbert is an idiot though, so we will keep him the entire season, lose our comp pick, THEN cut him.

Pretty much. 

I know I hate Colbert more than most but why an at best average GM for the last decade gets defended blows my mind. 

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Pretty much. 

I know I hate Colbert more than most but why an at best average GM for the last decade gets defended blows my mind. 

I have said this for years. I get that plenty of teams have had worse luck than us in the draft but we are where we are because of all the wasted QB selections and missed picks in the first 2 rounds. Artie Burns and Bud Dupree are the only 1st round draft busts still on the roster, who shouldnt be frankly.

Moncrief should definitely be cut and I'm eating crow on that one because I thought it was a very good signing, he is a guy I named as a possible target very early in preseason and I know I wasn't the only one but man, I was way off.