Seahawks trading TE Nick Vannett to the Steelers

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

LOL. Anybody who watched that game knows that Seattle got stomped. So, yeah, it makes sense that Seahawks fans think otherwise. ;)

You obviously did not watch the game. The score in no way reflected how the game actually played out. It was essentially a 14-7 game in the 3rd quarter. Seattle got out schemed, out coached, out executed, but did not get stomped. Alvin Kamara did stomp a hole on the defense though.

4 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Guess this means Seattle will call up Jacob Hollister from the PS. Probably keep the spot warm until Dickson can return from injury. 

Vannett is a solid TE, just never took the next step I imagine the FO envisioned. He should fit in well with Pittsburgh

That did not sound like a compliment lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, animaltested said:

You obviously did not watch the game. The score in no way reflected how the game actually played out. It was essentially a 14-7 game in the 3rd quarter. Seattle got out schemed, out coached, out executed, but did not get stomped. Alvin Kamara did stomp a hole on the defense though.

Bro, I watched the game. It was 27-7 entering the 4th. Russ did his 4th quarter stat padding to make it look close.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Guess this means Seattle will call up Jacob Hollister from the PS. Probably keep the spot warm until Dickson can return from injury. 

Vannett is a solid TE, just never took the next step I imagine the FO envisioned. He should fit in well with Pittsburgh. 

18 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The winless Steelers still fashion themselves as buyers at this point?

Oh dear.

So Vannett is also a UFA at the end of this year.

So the Steelers paid a 5th for a backup TE in the final year of his contract.

Meanwhile, the Pats get guys like Trent Brown for a pick swap of 1+ round.

And we wonder why the Pats keep winning and other orgs keep chasing them.   SMH.  

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah. A 5th is steep. But then again, we all laughed at them when they acquired Vance, and he turned out decently well.

Sure, but at least Vance was cost controlled for 3.5 seasons.   HUGE diff in value return there.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Bro, I watched the game. It was 27-7 entering the 4th. Russ did his 4th quarter stat padding to make it look close.

I had a Seahawk fan look me dead in the eye and tell me that it was a one score game, and anything could’ve happened.

There’s a screen shot with double zeros on the scoreboard and a 12 point difference in the score. So there’s that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, animaltested said:

WTFF are you talking about? The score was 20-7 at halftime

The game was then 27-7 halfway through the third quarter

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401127993 

WHAT.A.JOKE.

Edited by N4L
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The winless Steelers still fashion themselves as buyers at this point?

Oh dear.

Their fans were a little obnoxious this weekend. I kept telling all of them on the way out of the stadium to enjoy that top 5 pick this year... OH WAIT

Also, here is a shot of their top 5-10 pick being thrown like a child https://[LINK ERROR]/ptges

( tbf Minkah had a nice game) (... and the link works)

Edited by N4L