Seahawks trading TE Nick Vannett to the Steelers

AFlaccoSeagulls

TE1 McDonald and TE2 Grimble both went down. TE3 and rookie Gentry is not ready to be an NFL blocking TE. I think this was a desperation move by the Steelers, but there had to be a reason they wanted this guy. Tomlin (with the Vikings at the time) was reportedly at Vannett's Ohio St. Pro Day. I'm not sure why Seattle would make this trade. They drafted him in the 3rd round. Did he play that poorly, or is this just a matter of getting something for a guy who is a free agent next year?

On 9/26/2019 at 1:39 PM, cjfollett said:

TE1 McDonald and TE2 Grimble both went down. TE3 and rookie Gentry is not ready to be an NFL blocking TE. I think this was a desperation move by the Steelers, but there had to be a reason they wanted this guy. Tomlin (with the Vikings at the time) was reportedly at Vannett's Ohio St. Pro Day. I'm not sure why Seattle would make this trade. They drafted him in the 3rd round. Did he play that poorly, or is this just a matter of getting something for a guy who is a free agent next year?

I don't know how he is blocking wise but he never seemed to connect with Wilson in the receiving game.

Edited by Sacks98