Week 4 Games

Leader

Favorites List 4.0

Green Bay (H) over Philadelphia
New England over Buffalo (H) - (Would like to see a BUF win - but NE just kills BUF - so why's that gonna change?)
Atlanta (H) over Tennessee - (Trying to figure these two schizo teams......)
Kansas City over Detroit (H) - (Sorry DET, you're not that good yet)
Indianapolis (H) over Oakland - (Who knows. Indy's at home)
Los Angeles Chargers over Miami (H) - (Best <only?> thing MIA has going for it is time zone difference)
New York Giants (H) over Washington - (The Daniel Jones excitement continues...and WA really stinks)
Baltimore (H) over Cleveland
Houston (H) over Carolina - (The Kyle Allen wild card makes this game interesting)
Los Angeles Rams (H) over Tampa Bay
Seattle over Arizona (H)
Minnesota over Chicago (H) - (Hmmm....will have to think about this one a bit more. Cousins against that DL? Hmmm)
Jacksonville over Denver (H)
Dallas over New Orleans (H) - (An interesting matchup. Clearly the best D DAL has seen this year)
Pittsburgh (H) over Cincinnati - (An annual bloodfest thats lost some of its lead Gladiators)

And here, brought back by popular demand.....

Wish List 4.0

Green Bay (H) over Philadelphia
Buffalo (H) over New England  - (NE never loses in BUF....but this is the dreams scenario)
Tennessee over Atlanta (H) - (AFC over NFC)
Kansas City over Detroit (H) - (Time to bring DET down to earth a bit and give them the L AZ should have handed them)
Houston (H) over Carolina - (AFC over NFC)
Tampa Bay over Los Angeles Rams (H) - (Time for the LAR to nab an L)
Arizona (H) over Seattle - (SEA with 2 L's is a good thing)
Minnesota over Chicago (H) - (Hmmm....STILL have to think about this one a bit more)
New Orleans (H) over Dallas - (Lets give DAL an L before next week's matchup and they pick up #2)

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Why? My "want to's" were regularly getting trounced.

Your want to's didn't reflect on you good or bad. But they were a useful indicator of just how favorable or disfavorable the weekend was for the Packers. And it wasn't always obvious so I enjoyed the analysis. For instance, in the "want to" realm, I think it's most beneficial for the Bears to beat the Vikings this weekend. Many, I presume, would feel the opposite.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Your want to's didn't reflect on you good or bad. But they were a useful indicator of just how favorable or disfavorable the weekend was for the Packers. And it wasn't always obvious so I enjoyed the analysis. For instance, in the "want to" realm, I think it's most beneficial for the Bears to beat the Vikings this weekend. Many, I presume, would feel the opposite.

Right, it could spur interesting discussion that relate to our team. As opposed to this list which is more likely to spur potential non-interesting discussions like whether we think Cincy really has a chance this year against the Steelers. 

7 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Right, it could spur interesting discussion that relate to our team. As opposed to this list which is more likely to spur potential non-interesting discussions like whether we think Cincy really has a chance this year against the Steelers. 

Actually....not that I've paid a whole lot of attention to Cincy....but their rivalry games against PIT have been somewhat legendary. Still? Who knows. We're about to find out. I imagine theres stats somewhere 'bout who beats whom when and where....but I'm not researching this stuff and I actually dont care as it doesnt affect the GBP standing.

Edited by Leader

Re: Bears v Vikings:  I just don’t know which way to go at this point. I guess who ever mentioned that the home team is probably best to root for is right. Just let them all go .500 in division and we go 6-0 obvs. 

Hard for me to ever “cheer” for the Vikings, so no matter what my head says, I’ll always be happy when they lose. 

Edited by mikebpackfan
  • Like 1

Another one that has me going back and forth on is NO v Dal. I hate the thought of the media fawning all over the Cowboys as they rack up wins, but the team I don't want to face in the playoffs out of the 2 is the Saints. Looking quickly at the schedule, as easy as the NFC East is, Dallas still does have some tough matchups down the line (PHI twice, MIN, CHI, NE, LAR). The Packers also have the chance to take care of business themselves vs Dallas next week. I might actually prefer to see a Saints loss here to knock them back a peg.

The Saints schedule on the other hand looks very cupcakey.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

6 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Vikings v Bears, and which outcome would most benefit the Pack could make for some interesting debate. I'd prefer the Vikings to take the L here as I fear them in the division far more than I fear the Bears.

MN's probably the more rounded team...and the "Trubisky factor" could be the turnkey overall. CHIs got some players on offense - no doubt -  unfortunate for them, that includes Trubisky.  I'm still thinking about this one.

15 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Another one that has me going back and forth on is NO v Dal. I hate the thought of the media fawning all over the Cowboys as they rack up wins, but the team I don't want to face in the playoffs out of the 2 is the Saints. Looking quickly at the schedule, as easy as the NFC East is, Dallas still does have some tough matchups down the line (PHI twice, MIN, CHI, NE, LAR). The Packers also have the chance to take care of business themselves vs Dallas next week. I might actually prefer to see a Saints loss here to knock them back a peg.

The Saints schedule on the other hand looks very cup cakey.

DAL (3+0 ; 2+0 Conf) has had the easier schedule so far - but - I still think them the better of the two teams overall and the greater NFC threat to us.

A Conference loss this week....plus a second head/head Conference loss next week to us.........
Thats the plan :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

The Saints schedule on the other hand looks very cupcakey.

I'm similarly rooting for the Saints to lose every possible game they can. Would be great to have someone else win the South this year, maybe GB could experience a NE-esque glide path to the Superb Owl, then.

Edited by incognito_man