Remaining Schedule

SmittyBacall

5 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

So is said top 5 QB going to turn this team around without serious upgrading the o-line in just one season?  Will they even play?  Are we suddenly winning a bunch of games next year or is this really a rebuild?

If the guys you draft in 2020 are good enough to surround a 2021 QB, are you going to be in position to draft a QB in 2021? Is passing on a franchise QB ever a good idea? 

If he's there, you take him and do the best you can to surround him. Getting Jonah back will help. A year of development for Michael Jordan will help. Maybe they can find a RG. The receiving weapons are there now, as is the RB. 

The defense is bad, but a QB helps there and isn't a negative thing on his career. 

If the question is really the line, I don't think that's a good reason to avoid a QB. We'll regret that. 

• Like 2

Never....... EVER .......pass on a franchise QB if you need one.

Jonah will be back, we can draft a RT type in picks 33-37 where we will be picking, re-sign Hopkins, and hope that you can get passable guard play out of Price and Jordan if they are surrounded with more competent pieces.  And for the love of god make a splash for once and give big money to a LB FA.

53 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Never....... EVER .......pass on a franchise QB if you need one.

Jonah will be back, we can draft a RT type in picks 33-37 where we will be picking, re-sign Hopkins, and hope that you can get passable guard play out of Price and Jordan if they are surrounded with more competent pieces.  And for the love of god make a splash for once and give big money to a LB FA.

Honestly i'd be fine if they just focused on one side of the ball to at least correct the offense.  Draft some linemen, get the QB, find another WR to replace Green, etc.  Let the defense be a trainwreck, but at least give this team some sort of identity.  Right now it's all so bad that even when they play another bad team, they don't have anything they can lean on as a strength to pull out a W.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This week couldn't of gone any better in terms of tankage. We're on the road to Burrow with teams in our rear-view mirror holding a two game advantage over the next few teams. But there are still a lot of winnable games left so we have to be careful not to shoot ourselves in the foot winning these meaningless games.

Week 11 - Oakland @ Cincinnati - I like Oakland's chances next week; they look good. 

Week 12 - Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati - Division game, rivalry match up against an okay Steelers side playing well. Decent chance we lose (this one I actually don't mind winning).

Week 13 - New York Jets @ Cincinnati - Pretty bad Jets team coming to town. Could go either way. Gase could still be fighting for his job. Could go either way, still leaning Jets though. 

Week 14 - Cincinnati @ Cleveland - I like Cleveland at home here. I don't think they're as bad as advertised. Still a division game. If ATL@NO taught us anything this week it's not to overlook these.

Week 15 - New England @ Cincinnati -  Yeah.

Week 16 - Cincinnati @ Miami - I think Miami should be favored in this one at the moment. Still, we have a chance and this could go either way. Hopefully we are not tied coming in. Watching/begging to lose would be torture.

Week 17 - Cleveland @ Cincinnati - Cleveland's got a pretty easy schedule. They still may have playoff aspirations up to this point. Kitchens could also be gone at this point, so who knows. This would be the classic game for it to come down to the wire for the first pick and we win this game to screw ourselves. 

• Like 1

I still think they're going to win a game or two.  As bad as they've looked so far, it only takes a team botching a few drives and letting the Bengals jump out to a lead to give them the confidence they need to win a game.  So Miami, Atlanta and NYJ winning was huge yesterday.  At least now 1 win will mean they're still in the top 2 and can take one of the two QB's.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:56 AM, theJ said:

All this roster rebuild stuff makes me want to pull out Madden again.  And i freaking hate that game.

Update - i did indeed pull out Madden, and good news guys: the Bengals have won two Super Bowls.  

• Like 3

On 10/2/2019 at 7:55 AM, theJ said:

Honestly i'd be fine if they just focused on one side of the ball to at least correct the offense.  Draft some linemen, get the QB, find another WR to replace Green, etc.  Let the defense be a trainwreck, but at least give this team some sort of identity.  Right now it's all so bad that even when they play another bad team, they don't have anything they can lean on as a strength to pull out a W.

1000000000000000000000% this...

• Like 2

On 10/2/2019 at 8:55 AM, theJ said:

If we can lure Bill Callahan from DC maybe he could persuade Brandon Scherff to sign here?

A guy can dream, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

LG, and RT we have to fix.  Which will be tough to do in one offseason without utilizing FA...

Damn near impossible.  If they're counting on the draft for that, i expect Hart and Price/Jordan to be starting again next year.  Outside of round 1, it's just really difficult to target needs in the draft.