Remaining Schedule

SmittyBacall

24 minutes ago, theJ said:

Oh boy is it ever.  They've done a masterful job this year.  From the Barrett deal, to AJ's season long ankle sprain, to putting John Ross on IR and then him being available about 4-5 weeks later.  Oh and then waiting way too long to put Dre on it.

As bad as the on-field performance for the Bengals has been this year, the medical staff has been worse, by far.

The worst. It’s hilarious that our medical staff has no problem with drafting an injured first round pick every year but shudders at the thought of signing Shaq Barrett.

Edited by SmittyBacall
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

The worst. It’s hilarious that our medical staff has no problem with drafting an injured first round pick every year but shudders at the thought of signing Shaq Barrett.

I feel like now that  Glenn has been announced as the starter. You owe the team an apology for doubting the medical staff. 

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Not sure what that has to do with signing quality players at moderate cost.

If you don't think we have a good core of players than your beef should be with the people responsible for drafting. That's how you build your core. If your plan is to build your core by spending an absurd amount in free agency you are going to be sorely disappointed with the outcome. 

Certainly we don't have a core of good players. We've drafted poorly for several years in a row and the older guys like Green, Atkins, and Dunlap are past their prime. 

4 hours ago, theJ said:

I didn't have a problem necessarily with signing Uzomah or Gio to those deals, because they're average players paid an average wage.  But they're not being utilized.  Why pay them to sit on the bench?

They did the same thing with Jeremy Johnson back in the day (different staff, but still).  

There's a disconnect between the coaches and the FO.

Uzomah is getting 6 mil as a backup TE. Gio is getting 5 mil as a backup RB. Those are pretty significant overpays.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Uzomah is getting 6 mil as a backup TE. Gio is getting 5 mil as a backup RB. Those are pretty significant overpays.

Uzomah should be starting, for one.

I get the point on Gio. Between him and mixom and the other offensive weapons, he should be seeing more action out wide and playing 60% of the snaps. That would be a proper amount of usage. 

But I agree, with the way they're being used they've been overpaid. Like I said before, it makes no sense to pay them and not play them. If they were being played, then the money isn't a problem. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Nah, the wages are fine. The usage is the issue.

I think you are the only one here who sees them as independent variables.  They aren't.  salary/ usage= value.  

Is Dalton worth %$17 mill this season?  He is if he is starting.  he is not as the backup.  Same with Green.  If he's playing and producing, he is worth every penny.  That same equation applies to Uzomah and Gio.  They'd be worth it if they were playing more.  They aren't, so they aren't.    It's just quibbling nbow.

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

That's what I'm saying though. It's the usage. Anyway, doesn't matter.

I just don't understand why they've chosen to pay these guys if they don't plan on using them. Especially the tight ends.

Me either.  It's silly actually.  Pay the players who are contributing and let the others go.  As much as I love Gio, he isn't worth the cap hit he takes up when they play him so little..