Week 4: Bounce back?.. Raiders @ Colts

big_palooka

2 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I'm tempted to dig back thru all the post of people saying we made such a huge mistake letting Cook walk. They know who they are.

I thought it was a mistake. But let's be real, we had near-zero information on how good Waller would be this year. Also, I would not have minded both on the roster.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Huh? Waller definitely is not Cook level and we have no idea if he is even TE1 level yet. Most of his passes are Carr dump offs. We need more close games to measure Waller accurately. 

Dude is tall, fast and has shown good hands, Cook has been an under achiever his whole career until he got here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Huh? Waller definitely is not Cook level and we have no idea if he is even TE1 level yet. Most of his passes are Carr dump offs. We need more close games to measure Waller accurately. 

Waller is better than Cook--I'm pretty confident in saying that. We had virtually no idea after last season how good Waller would be. Three games into this season and I think it's safe to say he's a TE1 level starter at the position. He reminds me a lot of Jordan Reed with a bit more verticality to his game.

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

I'm tempted to dig back thru all the post of people saying we made such a huge mistake letting Cook walk. They know who they are.

I have already admitted that Waller is a stud.  Going back I still would have resigned Cook to mitigate the risk.  I never said Waller could not be a good player.  It is not a good decision to let a top 5 player at their position to walk for a Martavis Bryant type risk who had not done 10% of what Bryant accomplished in the league so far in their career.  Looking back at how things have played out with AB I would say us resigning Cook would have been the correct move still.  We would have Cook, Waller, and Williams instead of Waller, Williams, and Doss.