Week 4: Bounce back?.. Raiders @ Colts

big_palooka

17 hours ago, G said:

Raiders win 24-21

Players are motivated and the team steps up. Ball control and precision passes. Team looks bipolar week to week and Mark will need a Thorizine drip. 

Our biggest issue is that the blueprint on how to beat us is already out there. Teams are going to stack the box to slow Jacobs down and force Carr to beat them deep. Until he shows that he can do it, we're going to have a hard time moving the ball. 

• Like 1

If we get blown out here, we are only better than Miami and will start the season 1-6. Good news is we’ll be real contenders for the 2nd pick in the draft. 

If we win this game we are more of a 4-6 win franchise. 

The last two games were easy losses to better teams. This is the game that will tell us how bad we are (I mean, we’re bad regardless. But are we 3 win bad? Or 6 win not to terrible bad?). 

Edited by BayRaider

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Hilton and Leonard didn’t practice today.

This is turning into a I’m getting my hopes up again and I know the outcome gonna be but can’t help myself type of game. 

They have a lot of injuries, Carr plays well against the Colts and in domes (this is like a very specific set of circumstances for him to have a good game), and I think Brisset isn’t for real and comes down to earth in this game. The Raiders have a real shot here and you have every right to get your hopes up. 

Although if we lose, this might be a 2-14 team who will only beat the Bengals and that’s it. 

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I hope we win, it makes my Sunday so much better.  I'm tired of being pissed off after 1pm for the rest of the day.

We need a win and a well executed game plan. As fans were looking more rabid than normal and need some hope or it could get real ugly. Don’t want Oakland riots because we suck. 

14 hours ago, G said:

We need a win and a well executed game plan. As fans were looking more rabid than normal and need some hope or it could get real ugly. Don’t want Oakland riots because we suck. 

I think it's because of the hype.  Lots of free agent acquisitions, second year in the system for some players (CARR!), 3 first round picks.  We all thought we'd look competitive.  I think injuries and that illness that went around last week played a huge part in our loss to the Vikings though.  T. Brown hurt his ankle during the game, Burfic went out, Jacobs was held back IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I think it's because of the hype. 

I don't understand. Before the AB fiasco, the expectations weren't high. Pretty sure no one was expecting those last 2 games to be Ws. Now there's no AB and, for as crazy as he is, he's a great player, probably the best on our pre season roster. I guess the win week 1 led to higher expectations for the season. But at 1-2, we are where we belong. This is a young team with a lot of rookies playing snaps. This season is about getting an answer on Carr and developing a young roster.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't understand. Before the AB fiasco, the expectations weren't high. Pretty sure no one was expecting those last 2 games to be Ws. Now there's no AB and, for as crazy as he is, he's a great player, probably the best on our pre season roster. I guess the win week 1 led to higher expectations for the season. But at 1-2, we are where we belong. This is a young team with a lot of rookies playing snaps. This season is about getting an answer on Carr and developing a young roster.

Maybe not for you, but for plenty of others.  DC in second year, tons of new free agents.  We had what looked like a top 10 offense.  AB, T. Williams, D. Waller, J. Jacobs.  5-10 receptions a game for AB would've made a big difference and we all knew that.  We got Burfict, the "coach" on the field to lead our defense.  We picked up that Clemson CB, Abram, L. Joyner to boost our pass defense which we all hoped would help the DL get pressure.  Everyone wanted to be optimistic about Ferrell coming out and getting like 8 sacks.  Isn't happening.  

And I'm not saying expectations were playoffs.  Expectations were 20+ points a game.  8-8 was the expectation with AB.  At least it was my expectation.  I thought our offense would score more than 24 points in the last 2 games.  Chiefs offense is supposed to be considered terrible,  We knew we couldn't keep up, but we expected more points.  Minnesota I think was just the perfect storm against our team.  Illnesses, injuries, away game, we didn't go into that game strong at all.  

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Maybe not for you, but for plenty of others. 

You can go through it. Like you said the majority was around 8-8 with AB. Without AB, it dropped significantly. I think it's a bit early to assess. The 1st half of the season was always going to be rough. We're facing too many better teams. In the 2nd half, we're facing some teams "in our league". That's when we need to show the improvement.

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

You can go through it. Like you said the majority was around 8-8 with AB. Without AB, it dropped significantly. I think it's a bit early to assess. The 1st half of the season was always going to be rough. We're facing too many better teams. In the 2nd half, we're facing some teams "in our league". That's when we need to show the improvement.

Yeah.  I agree.  I would just like to a see another win before the second half of the season.

• Like 1