My prediction: Khalil Mack - 2019 DPOY

malagabears

OK, it's only been 3 games but consider this:

1. He has a league high 15 pressures, a couple of those have surely resulted in sacks created by other team mates.

2. He is tied for the league lead in forced fumbles with 3 and has 9 over 2 seasons.

3. Although he only has 3 sacks, 1 was nullufied due to a penalty and he has missed at least 2 from holding calls.

I am boldly preditcing now he will be the NFL DPOY.

Edited by malagabears
  • Like 3

He is on pace for a ridiculous stateline (obviously not something to hold onto tightly as so much changes over a 16 game season, but I know how much @JustAnotherFan LOVES projections off current stats   lol) but just watching him he should be an obvious candidate. I expect more teams to continue double and triple teaming him.

When he is on the sidelines the entire defense suffers, he is the key cog in the passrush and he plays the run just as well. This year he gets to move around and stunt more, which opens up a lot since his agility and burst is ridiculous in combination with his power. Pagano moving him around also makes it much harder to double and triple team him than it was with Fangio, who basically said to line up on one side and attack the EDGE. It is a nightmare situation for OCs to know he can come from anywhere, and it opens up the DL he stunts with as well. IIRC he did a stunt with Williams on that last sack vs WAS that opened it up for the big man.

Edited by Sugashane

The thing about Mack is that he brings so much to the table that solely looking at sacks would be undervaluing his real worth. He is a total football player that is highly skilled. They way he forced the fumble was a beauty to watch. There's still 16 games in the season and there are a lot of good players in the NFL like Watt, Donald, Von Miller that he was to compete with. It's just fun to see what this defense can do when you're not facing an A-Rod every week.

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

but I know how much @JustAnotherFan LOVES projections off current stats   lol

One time I extrapolated Jay Cutler and Matt Forte’s stats for a whole season based on the first game of the season’s stats and Cutty had like 5-6000 yards and like 40 tds and forte had like 2000 yards. They ended up with slightly less iirc

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tyty said:

One time I extrapolated Jay Cutler and Matt Forte’s stats for a whole season based on the first game of the season’s stats and Cutty had like 5-6000 yards and like 40 tds and forte had like 2000 yards. They ended up with slightly less iirc

Were his turnovers around the 80 mark?

• Like 1

BTW I just noticed the pic in the OP was from last week.

Here are the top-10 in QB pressures. It's worth noting that Bowles' scheme consist of ALOT of blitz packages and so Barrett is getting much more help than the others are on this list.   

Rk Player Tm Bltz Hrry Prss
1 Khalil Mack CHI 4 13 17
2 Shaquil Barrett TAM 49 6 16
3 Za'Darius Smith GNB 8 6 13
4 Josh Allen JAX 20 8 13
5 T.J. Watt PIT 16 6 12
6 Devon Kennard DET 8 5 12
7 Matt Judon BAL 23 3 11
8 Everson Griffen MIN 0 4 11
9 Brian Burns CAR 0 6 11
10 Aaron Donald LAR 0 8 11

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tyty said:

I was scared of Tru ending the season with 0 TDs and 8 INTs before last week tbh. 

• Like 1