My prediction: Khalil Mack - 2019 DPOY

malagabears

12 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Well they did only rush three.

Dude, they needed 35 yards downfield and elected to keep 4 players in just to try and slow down Mack just to give Cousins enough time to throw to a short route. That type of respect for a single player is not given to just anyone. 

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Dude, they needed 35 yards downfield and elected to keep 4 players in just to try and slow down Mack just to give Cousins enough time to throw to a short route. That type of respect for a single player is not given to just anyone. 

Ok I didn't say that he doesn't get special attention but with only rushing three the blockers had to block some one. Floyd on the other side got chipped and then double teamed, five blockers have to double people when they are only blocking three.

6 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Ok I didn't say that he doesn't get special attention but with only rushing three the blockers had to block some one. Floyd on the other side got chipped and then double teamed, five blockers have to double people when they are only blocking three.

Sending 3 is par for the course in those situations and coaches know that. Hell, some only send 2 (we did in week 2?). OC's will usually only keep the 5 offensive linemen and maybe 1 more in to chip block, not 3. 

That's my point. They left an additional man in the slot AND lined up a RB to Macks side to help chip block despite Stefanski(sp?) knowing it was only a 3-man rush and Mack still almost got home.