2020 Prospect Follow Thread

hrubes20

On 10/26/2019 at 12:50 PM, Tetsujin said:

I really have no idea how we could pass on Chase Young right now.

I would love to have Chase Young on our Defense, but unless we have 2 top 5 picks I don’t see us drafting him.  We have to go QB with our first pick, but after that we have so many needs it really should be BPA.

15 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I would love to have Chase Young on our Defense, but unless we have 2 top 5 picks I don’t see us drafting him.  We have to go QB with our first pick, but after that we have so many needs it really should be BPA.

Only if we draft #1.  If Tua is gone, go for BPA which looks like Young.  Guy is an animal.

On 10/26/2019 at 12:50 PM, Tetsujin said:

I really have no idea how we could pass on Chase Young right now.

If your franchise QB is there, you take him.  Of course there's the argument that FQBs can found through out the draft.  Rogers famously fell all the way to GB after Alex Smith went #1 overall.  Brady was a 6th rounder, and Russel Wilson was a 3rd rounder.

So ignore my advice.

1 minute ago, Dolphinmeister said:

At this point of the college season how many QB's look like first round picks after Tua?

Burrow and Herbert are likely 1st round locks.  Fromm and Eason probably make it in as well.  Jordan Love has played himself out of the 1st round picture, IMO.

Burrow faces Alabama this weekend.  That's gonna be a good one to watch.

After this weeks games Miami is sitting 3rd overall, I think Miami wins at least 1 maybe 2 more games this season so I just do not see them getting the #1 pick, most likley that is going to  the Bengals. The Skins will most likely be # 2  and with the way they are handling Haskins I think they will go QB if they like what is on the board when they pick and you still have Tampa and the Broncos in the mix for a QB.

1 hour ago, Dolphinmeister said:

After this weeks games Miami is sitting 3rd overall, I think Miami wins at least 1 maybe 2 more games this season so I just do not see them getting the #1 pick, most likley that is going to  the Bengals. The Skins will most likely be # 2  and with the way they are handling Haskins I think they will go QB if they like what is on the board when they pick and you still have Tampa and the Broncos in the mix for a QB.

I think it was Gruden that didn't like Haskins, and wouldn't play him.  He is their QBOTF until he shows he isn't.  

I still think the Fins lose out from here and end up with the 1st pick.  

• Like 1

If we don’t get the top overall pick and end up drafting at 2 or 3 then I think we have some options.  While I believe Tua is certainly the #1 pick in 2020 and the most talented QB in the draft, but he isn’t a sure thing like Luck or Elway.  That being said we have some options if we can’t land Tua.  I’m OK with drafting Hebert or Burrow by packaging some picks to move into the top 10, providing we select Chase Young with our earliest pick.  I’m also OK with trading away a pick or a package of 2020 picks to the right team for a 2021 1st round selection, which would be used to target a 2021 QB such as Trevor Lawrence.  Additionally I wouldn’t count Jalen Hurts out as a 1st round QB.  He is playing really well for Oklahoma and maybe even better than Mayfield.

Edited by Swampbilly

2 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

https://buckeyeswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/08/chase-young-ohio-state-football-indefinite-suspension-maryland/

Chase Young suspended indefinitely for NCAA violations. Probably nothing to worry about, but I'd prefer a guy be ostensibly squeaky clean if my team would take him Top 3.

I don't care one iota about an elite prospect getting caught taking money or getting an agent.  They all do it.  If he had a criminal history with nasty DV allegations, drug use, or something like that I would care.