Sign in to follow this  
hrubes20

2020 Prospect Follow Thread

18 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Watching Burrow play for the first time today my thoughts were I would be just fine taking a chance on him, My first impressions were he reminds  me of Ben Roethlisberger the way he moves in the pocket.

Think about what Burrow did yesterday. 

Hostile environment, on the road, ran for multiple first downs, insanely accurate, upstages Tua in all aspects of the game. 

His teammates LOVE playing for him. 

I’m all in for Burrow. It’s just so rare you see a guy handle that kind of environment with so much poise. 

Where some QB's have been picked..

Brady (199), Wilson (75), Rodgers (24), Watson (12), Mahomes (10), Brees (32), Big Ben (11), Marino (27), Favre (33), Montana (82).

Carr (1), Jamarcus Russell (1), V.Young (3), Harrington (3), Couch (1), Akili Smith (3), Leaf (2), Winston (1), Mariota (2).

Edited by Jtownsfine5t

10 hours ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

Brady (199), Wilson (75), Rodgers (24), Watson (12), Mahomes (10), Brees (32), Big Ben (11), Marino (27), Favre (33), Montana (82).

Carr (1), Jamarcus Russell (1), V.Young (3), Harrington (3), Couch (1), Akili Smith (3), Leaf (2), Winston (1), Mariota (2).

The difference between teams that landed a QB in later rounds and had success and teams that drafted QBs early and had success is Luck.  The teams that hit on QBs late just got lucky......none of those teams expected those later picked QBs to turn out to be as good as they were/are.

Unfortunately we can’t plan to be lucky.

13 hours ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

There's also a very, very impressive list of QBs that has been picked in the top 3; somewhere that we won't be picking anymore.  This dang team, man.

On 10/26/2019 at 12:50 PM, Tetsujin said:

I really have no idea how we could pass on Chase Young right now.

Thanks to our incessant winning, Chase Young will be long gone when we pick.

So since we're out of the running for the top pick, where are we going to get our franchise QB?  Both Tua and Burrow will likely be gone where we are picking.  Do we go for Fromm?  Do we wait a year and try for Sunshine or Justin Fields?

18 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

So since we're out of the running for the top pick, where are we going to get our franchise QB?  Both Tua and Burrow will likely be gone where we are picking.  Do we go for Fromm?  Do we wait a year and try for Sunshine or Justin Fields?

The latter. 

At this point, I'd wait until next year. No reason to waste picks!
If we believe we want/need a QB next year, we have capital to go up and get them. NO REACHES! That's the concern, to me.

6 hours ago, Shashiaj70 said:

If we believe we want/need a QB next year, we have capital to go up and get them. 

The thing is that there’s no guarantee the team in that spot would give it up to us. 

3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Tua was carted off the field in the field with a hip injury.

Yeah, it looks serious.  So this raises the possibility that he'll be available when we pick.  But he does appear to be injury prone, with numerous leg/hip injuries in his career.  I feel bad for Tua.