2020 Prospect Follow Thread

hrubes20

18 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Watching Burrow play for the first time today my thoughts were I would be just fine taking a chance on him, My first impressions were he reminds  me of Ben Roethlisberger the way he moves in the pocket.

Think about what Burrow did yesterday. 

Hostile environment, on the road, ran for multiple first downs, insanely accurate, upstages Tua in all aspects of the game. 

His teammates LOVE playing for him. 

I’m all in for Burrow. It’s just so rare you see a guy handle that kind of environment with so much poise. 

• Like 1

Where some QB's have been picked..

Brady (199), Wilson (75), Rodgers (24), Watson (12), Mahomes (10), Brees (32), Big Ben (11), Marino (27), Favre (33), Montana (82).

Carr (1), Jamarcus Russell (1), V.Young (3), Harrington (3), Couch (1), Akili Smith (3), Leaf (2), Winston (1), Mariota (2).

Edited by Jtownsfine5t
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

Brady (199), Wilson (75), Rodgers (24), Watson (12), Mahomes (10), Brees (32), Big Ben (11), Marino (27), Favre (33), Montana (82).

Carr (1), Jamarcus Russell (1), V.Young (3), Harrington (3), Couch (1), Akili Smith (3), Leaf (2), Winston (1), Mariota (2).

The difference between teams that landed a QB in later rounds and had success and teams that drafted QBs early and had success is Luck.  The teams that hit on QBs late just got lucky......none of those teams expected those later picked QBs to turn out to be as good as they were/are.

Unfortunately we can’t plan to be lucky.

13 hours ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

There's also a very, very impressive list of QBs that has been picked in the top 3; somewhere that we won't be picking anymore.  This dang team, man.

18 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

So since we're out of the running for the top pick, where are we going to get our franchise QB?  Both Tua and Burrow will likely be gone where we are picking.  Do we go for Fromm?  Do we wait a year and try for Sunshine or Justin Fields?

The latter. 

3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Tua was carted off the field in the field with a hip injury.

Yeah, it looks serious.  So this raises the possibility that he'll be available when we pick.  But he does appear to be injury prone, with numerous leg/hip injuries in his career.  I feel bad for Tua.

Man, the medical staff is really going to earn their money in their evaluations of Tua's hip (assuming he still comes out).  He looks like a good bet to now be there on the board with the Steelers 1st rounder.  This could be the luck that this organization has been missing.