2020 Prospect Follow Thread

hrubes20

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Intriguing. Care to elaborate?

The main issue is our lack of EDGE/pass rushers and most of the OL. You picked no EDGE and one OL. RB should be DEEP this draft. No need for one in R1.

I used the same site as you did but can't get it to copy and past correctly here.

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

The main issue is our lack of EDGE/pass rushers and most of the OL. You picked no EDGE and one OL. RB should be DEEP this draft. No need for one in R1.

I used the same site as you did but can't get it to copy and past correctly here.

Aside from Herbert, I just tried to go BPA. Y'all seem to have a lot of holes. And it's doubtful you fill them all in one offseason.

I screenshot the recap and convert it to a URL.

Chase Young is back to being a possibility with the Skins losing yesterday!  Giants are currently in the #2 spot, but they play us and the Skins in the final 5 games and should win both.  

My pipe dream of landing both Chase Young and Tua is still clinging on life support!

• Like 1

With Tua being injured, what's the possibility of the Dolphins skipping on a first round QB this year? His injury history was already concerning so I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall after a significant one as this. Even if he makes a full recovery, can the Dolphins take that chance when they have so many other questions? I'm not sold on Herbert either and the way the board falls and the draft order stacks up, Andrew Thomas seems like the best play for them in the top 5, assuming that's where they finish and don't have a chance at Chase Young or Joe Burrow. Would anyone consider it a win if the draft went this way (3 rounds):

1.1 - OT Andrew Thomas

1.2 - Yetur Gross Matos

1.3 - C Creed Humphrey 

2.1 - OT Jedrick Wills Jr

2.2 - QB Jake Fromm

3.1 - CB Jaylon Johnson

3.2 - RB Cam Akers

Note: Tua and Herbert are gone by the time Miami picks again in this scenario.

55 minutes ago, skhurst0398 said:

1.1 - OT Andrew Thomas

1.2 - Yetur Gross Matos

1.3 - C Creed Humphrey 

2.1 - OT Jedrick Wills Jr

2.2 - QB Jake Fromm

3.1 - CB Jaylon Johnson

3.2 - RB Cam Akers

Note: Tua and Herbert are gone by the time Miami picks again in this scenario.

With our recent injuries, #2 seems like a strong possibility right now. I might be at the CIN/MIA game. 

I think Top 5 is too high for an OL. It’d be better to take a playmaker. And I don’t wanna be the Cowboys whose big OL investments are costing them a lot.

I’d just pass on taking a QB if the elite ones are injured/taken already.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the Big 10 title game and came away pretty underwhelmed with Tyler Biadasz's pass protection.  As you can imagine, he was a really good run blocker though.  OSU is a really good team, but I want to see more out of a guy that is supposed to be a late 1st rounder.  Just one game though, of course.

On the opposite end, I was impressed by Cole Van Lanen, the Wisconsin OT.  He did as good of a job as I have seen against Chase Young.  I  missed the game, but supposedly did very well against Epenesa in their matchups as well.  

15 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I’m tired of mock drafters giving us a first round WR because it’s a “big need” and “have nothing there”. If we miss out on our obvious guys early and take an elite WR prospect early, that’s one thing, but stop it with the other ones.

For sure.  Parker finally broke out and is under contract for next year.  Williams was showing great before the injury, and he'll be back next year.  I really like what I saw from Ford last game.  I would have no problem with bringing in a field stretcher type, but only as early as the Saints 2nd rounder.  

Crap, keep forgetting that head-to-head results don't matter for NFL draft order. I was thinking the Skins would rank below since they beat Miami. But it's first based on division results, and the Skins have zero division wins while Dolphins have one. So they pick before Miami. 

Even after the hip surgery, I keep seeing mocks of Tua to Miami. Too early to tell tho it's only December. 

6 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

Curious what everyone this Dolphins Top 5 needs are ... here is mine

1. QB 

2. Pass Rusher

3. T

4. G

5. C

Obviously they have holes everywhere.   I believe with Davante Parker’s resurgence and Preston Williams the WR corps is a strength.

Mine would not be much different.  I would put C before G, as I think Boehm can be a decent starter and Dieter is sure to get another shot next year.  Despite the emergence of Nik Needham (how crazy was this development, btw?  He was abysmal in the preseason...), I still would put CB as a solid need.  RB is a huge need as well, but they can be found almost anywhere in the first 5 rounds of the draft.