2020 Prospect Follow Thread

hrubes20

On 12/10/2019 at 12:30 PM, FinSting said:

Crap, keep forgetting that head-to-head results don't matter for NFL draft order. I was thinking the Skins would rank below since they beat Miami. But it's first based on division results, and the Skins have zero division wins while Dolphins have one. So they pick before Miami. 

Even after the hip surgery, I keep seeing mocks of Tua to Miami. Too early to tell tho it's only December. 

Pretty sure, for the non playoff team, the tiebreaker is strength of schedule. The lower you'r sos is the higher you will draft.

2 hours ago, Emerica said:

If we end up with the 2nd overall pick, we could pick Young and trade back into the top 10 by trading both the PIT and HOU first round picks.

Young + Tua = Profit

I’ve got my fingers crossed for this.  I think Herbert could be a good NFL QB, but I would much rather have Tua.  Additionally, while it’s still early I think Tua will go in the top 10 despite the injury......therefore if we really want Tua then I think we will have to trade up into the top 6 or 7 picks to have a shot at him if we draft Chase Young at 2 or another player at 3 or 4.

11 hours ago, Emerica said:

If we end up with the 2nd overall pick, we could pick Young and trade back into the top 10 by trading both the PIT and HOU first round picks.

Young + Tua = Profit

That's my ideal scenario now. Hopefully get one good OLman in FA and draft another one in R2. 

On 12/11/2019 at 7:21 PM, Wolverines said:

Pretty sure, for the non playoff team, the tiebreaker is strength of schedule. The lower you'r sos is the higher you will draft.

I keep forgetting that too! Sucks to lose to both the Giants and Skins but still they pick before Miami even though they all have the same record.

If I was president I would change this. 

Looks like picking at 5 is a really strong possibility now.  Everything I've read has said that the surgeons are extremely confident that Tua will make a full recovery and that his chances of a reoccurence of the injury are the same as anyone else.  If the order stays the same, you have to assume that Tua will be there at 5 if we want him.

1.  Bengals - Burrows

2.  Redskins - Have Haskins

3.  Giants - Have Jones

4.  Lions - Have Stafford and Patricia/Quinn are on the hot seat

5.  Fins

Of course, either the Giants or Lions could trade back with a QB needy team like the Chargers.  

20 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Looks like picking at 5 is a really strong possibility now.  Everything I've read has said that the surgeons are extremely confident that Tua will make a full recovery and that his chances of a reoccurence of the injury are the same as anyone else.  If the order stays the same, you have to assume that Tua will be there at 5 if we want him.

1.  Bengals - Burrows

2.  Redskins - Have Haskins

3.  Giants - Have Jones

4.  Lions - Have Stafford and Patricia/Quinn are on the hot seat

5.  Fins

Of course, either the Giants or Lions could trade back with a QB needy team like the Chargers.  

I hope Tua is there at 5 and we draft him, but I am by no means confident he will be there at 5.  Despite his injury I don't see a realistic scenario where he falls out of the top 10 and I believe if the draft were to stay in the current pick / team order then Tua goes to the Lions at 4.  I think picks 2,3, and 4 are all going to try their absolute best to trade down for more with Tua being the prize.

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Question for Dolphins fans: 

Making a mock where you guys are selecting 5th overall. I have Burrow #1, Young #2, and Tua #3 via trade. NYG select Wills at #4. Where do you sense the Dolphins would go under those circumstances?

I’d do Okudah. Maybe Epenesa.

19 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Making a mock where you guys are selecting 5th overall. I have Burrow #1, Young #2, and Tua #3 via trade. NYG select Wills at #4. Where do you sense the Dolphins would go under those circumstances?

Big Daddy Derrick Brown and it's not even close.  At 6'5" and 320 lbs he has the size and length to play every DL position in our scheme.  He consistently dominates the LOS.  We need more playmakers on Defense, especially at the LOS.

On 2019-12-27 at 1:41 PM, jetskid007 said:

This is worse case scenario for Dolphins but probably Okudah or Thomas.  Ideally a DE would surge up the draft boards leading up to the draft. Biggest needs are QB, OL, DE and RB imo.